[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barb the greens are yummy. You made those super fast.

Maree, Feb 7 and Feb 9, Rosemary and Lorna reported their reel count. I posted Rosemary's below. I think Lorna said 28 packages had arrived when she returned home Feb 7-ish.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Re: 'Wot RoTT' exchange
    by PosyP » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:16 am

Woo-hoo!

The first parcel has arrived from Australia - and it only took 7 days.

That makes a total of 53 sets of reels arrived so far.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

My reels have arrived and I have just failed to send a picture to the group. My colors are peach and lime. These are some rejects that did not size up correctly. So these hopefully will give you an idea of what I sent.

Coast of South Carolina USA
      Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Pam,
        your colors are lovely! They make me think of peach cobbler and key lime pie!
        Renata

Comment

Wonderful colors in your reels, Pam! I need to find more ways to use all of these gorgeous blocks!

Comment

Latest News From Headquarters

So far 71 sets of reels have been received.

However, included in that has been
            1)a set of strips - unsewn reels :?
            2)a mis-count - one under :wink:

Apart from that things seem to be going along quite nicely - and many thanks to those of you who have offered to take up the recently vacated spots, so that we have a full quota of 123.

Comment

Thanks for the update Rosemary. Looks like things are moving along nicely.
              Here is a picture of the second set I made which is to fill in for someone else who unfortunately couldn't participate. They will be in the mail to Lorna this morning. Will email Lorna and Rosemary after they are actually on their way.
              Lori

Comment

Gosh all these reels are delicious - such an array of colours, it's going to be such fun receiving them. Lynn, I noticed that your birdhouse quilt only uses a fraction of the spools - Maybe you will have to make more than one! Has anybody else come up with different ideas that they would like to inspire us with?

What are you going to do with the unsewn strips Rosemary? Send them back with a big red X and a "needs more work" comment or something like that? :lol:

Comment

It's getting harder to wait but very exciting. The colours are awesome!!!....Doreen

Comment

I counted 30 birdhouses in the birdhouse - maybe you could incorporate a few in the corner borders...? Or, with the leftover 11, make place mats or a wall hanging?

Comment

What are you going to do with the unsewn strips Rosemary? Send them back with a big red X and a "needs more work" comment or something like that? :lol: [/quote]
                      Rita, you are too funny!

Comment

Sounds like Rita is a school teacher????

Comment

Originally posted by LoriReid
                          No Lori, I was always the one with the red X and "needs more work" or "could do better" or "Rita puts no effort into her work" etc., so I have a whole store of those quotes!

Comment

I just came home to get my reels and put them in the mail today. They are on the way to you Lorna. I hope you receive them in about 10 days. I took a quick picture of them. They turned out so pretty. I was going for the Superior varigated effect. My favorite thread is Jewel of the Nile. Everyones pictures of their reels have been so pretty. I don't know when I am going to start this quilt but I can tell you I am very excited to see all the beautiful reels and look forward to when they arrive. All these quilts are going to be spectacular!!!! So glad a little birdie told me to go out and check the forum on this friendship exchange. Thanks for organizing this wonderful exchange!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                              Originally posted by LoriReid
                              No Lori, I was always the one with the red X and "needs more work" or "could do better" or "Rita puts no effort into her work" etc., so I have a whole store of those quotes!
                              LOL! I was thinking Rita was the giver or receiver. Looks likes she was the receiver. Too funny.
                              Ah, if your teachers could see you now! :lol:

Comment

Don't look at my messy room. This is my sewing/storage room. Aren't they gorgeous!?!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X