[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilarious! I love catching up on all the notes.

My daughter just put together a wonderful bound photo book with pictures of her wedding in October. She used http://www.picaboo.com. I don't know if it is any easier than any other site. I just know the results are stunning.

I checked with our post office today and he said they prefer the smaller 2976, though they can use the larger one --2976-A. so if your post office has the first form, then please put that inside. Otherwise I will go ahead and fill it out on this end. Since I will be mailing so many I would rather use the form they prefer.

I leave tomorrow morning for a conference in DC and then a visit to family in Virginia so I will be gone until 6 Feb. I can't wait to see how many packages will be waiting for me when I return!

Lorna

Comment

I mailed my reels today. I have not figured out a food name for them yet. Set A is a maroon color and set B is lavender/lt. purple. I was thinking of berry dumplings with whipped cream for the purple. I will have to puzzle over the maroon ones for awhile. :roll:

Comment

Just got back from 5 days camping, already have my blocks bagged to post this week. I seem to have missed so much on the forum, but haven't really got time to back-read. Is there something new I need to be aware of. Lots of talk about recipes on this page. I was about to start a diet. (AGAIN) Maree Tasmania

Comment

Hope you can find some time to read previous pages as there has been a considerable bit of FUN
          and plans being made.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
            Funny that, I just took these loaves out of the oven! The one on the right is 'Brown Bread' and the one on the left is a white soda with onion seed. One of these days I will do a blog with photo instructions to make it easier. The great thing about Irish soda bread is that it helps absorb the alcohol. :lol: :lol: Hic! ooops. :wink:
            I can practically smell your loaves of bread fresh from the oven, Rita... It's been a long time since I've baked bread like that. Your recipes will be the first ones I try when you get a chance to do the blog. The closest I've gotten to having my hands floured lately has been making gnocchi. Here in the States, many of my friends think the only way they can have them is buying them in a package pre-made and don't realize how easy they are to make... and better tasting. So they've been asking for invites over to the house to make them and eat supper together. Was able to do it last night again because yesterday morning my sister (who was visiting) and I managed to deliver our Wot RoTTs to the post office. So we celebrated our peanut butter and jelly and peaches and blueberry with a plate of gnocchi and glass of vino... the Irish soda bread would have really come in handy... :lol: :lol: Hic!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopie
              I feel like I've just tuned in to the food channel! Also, I'm reminded (with all of these Sotts amoung the Wot RoTTs :wink: ) of that episode of Lucille Ball doing the Vitamagic (or something like that) commercial, where she gets quite tipsy! :lol: Best episode ever!

Dawn
              In beautiful Northwest Montana
              VitaMetaVegamin!!! The best episode ever for sure. From the best TV show ever.
              Way too much fun here
              Kathy

Comment

"Lemon Souffle" and "Cherries Jubilee" are all done, labels and partially packed. I have to fill out form 2976, and get the fat quarters in the package. I will go to the post office Monday or Tuesday. Will let Lorna and Rosemary know when the package is mailed.

Margarita in Auburn, CA

Comment

I was wondering if anyone had time to summarize the extras to be sent such as recipes and FQ - if there are any. I'm not getting notifications of new postings.
                  I made my spools completely scrappy because that is how Edita's book is. I'll post a picture on Tuesday. I'd like to see what ya think.
                  Kelly Love-Schwarz
                  Phoenix, AZ, USA

Comment

Originally posted by kellyls
                    I was wondering if anyone had time to summarize the extras to be sent such as recipes and FQ - if there are any. I'm not getting notifications of new postings.
                    I made my spools completely scrappy because that is how Edita's book is. I'll post a picture on Tuesday. I'd like to see what ya think.
                    This forum topic has been VERY active. If you are not getting notifications of new postings it is because you are not participating in the topic.
                    You might want to go back are read through some of it. It's been fun!
                    Recipes are not to be sent with your spools. That is a separate project being handled by different people.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Franceslovesfabric
                      One of mine is butterscotch and I have a great recipe for butterscotch cookies. The orange marmalade will be more difficult to come up with something because the only thing I put it on is toast.
                      Frances
                      frances: i've made orange marmalade bread & butter pudding - which usually disappears quite quick... basically it's just a bread & butter pudding with orange marmalade spread on the buttered breadslices... and then continue with the recipe as normal - you can make it even fruitier by adding very thinly sliced orange slices as well (this is how a typical recipe developes in my house - i start out making something and when i see something in the fridge or on the counter that i feel like eating - it gets incorporated... needless to say things rarely turn out the same way twice.

rita: those loaves look sooooooooooo good - luckily we can't smell over the internet or i would be baking right now (and am supposed to stay away from those carbs all this and next week)

Comment

Hey, Beets are maroon aren't they? What?.......... No one wants to eat beats? :lol:

Originally posted by lorra
                        I mailed my reels today. I have not figured out a food name for them yet. Set A is a maroon color and set B is lavender/lt. purple. I was thinking of berry dumplings with whipped cream for the purple. I will have to puzzle over the maroon ones for awhile. :roll:

Comment

I love beetroot! Anyway you can think of them.

Comment

Hey, I googled beet recipes and found a site called "Recipes for beet haters" (and that would be me). http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...ater-can-love/

Comment

i love beets - and those recipes are looking good too
                              roasted beets - mmmmmmmmh add a few roasted nuts - a sprinkling of walnut oil yummmm

Comment

And what about aubergine - eggplant to you maybe?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 97 users online. 0 members and 97 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X