[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reels went in the mail today !!. 22C has departed for a trip across the pond !!!
    The name I chose was Tequila Sunrise ...... the colors just called for that name.

Comment

Just to let you know that "Lemon Souffle" reels are done, need to do labels yet. Working on "Cherries Jubille" now. No pictures yet. I hope to have them done this week. I will let you know when they are in the mail.

Margarita in Auburn, California

Comment

My 11a group are finish and ready to mail as soon as I get the 11b group finished. I just have to trim 7 more of them to size. I hope to get them in the mail by next Monday or Tuesday.
        I have been side tracked with home improvements. The bedroom floors are bare and will get new hardwood tomorrow. I have been painting for days. New doors will arrive next week, which I have to finish. My DH wanted to buy prefinished doors, but they are about $100 more each (times 5!!). Just think of all the fabric I could buy. Oh, the savings will finance my Paducah trip! Yeah!!. My son is coming home for a week in March, so I will be getting real walls in my basement sewing room. I can hardly wait for that. Of course my DH doesn't know about that yet. :lol: Our DS gets him to do more that I can get him to do. It is all alot of work that takes me away from my sewing, but after this remodel we should not have to worry about it again. I am rambling now. Sorry. I need to go to bed. The flooring guys will be here at 7am. Nite!

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
          Well DUH! Chain stitching is brilliant!
          OWWWW, I hope I get one of These!

Comment

Originally posted by heartnsoulquilts
            Here's pics of mine, that I mailed yesterday. They are brighter than these pics show. First pic is a selection of 4, but I made 82 of these!

Second pic is how I labeled them. It was so easy to chain stitch the paper labels on a la Margo. The only thing I did differently, was to curve onto and off the sides so that it was easy to chain them. Here's a section before I cut them apart. I used the largest stitch length I could on my FW, and it went really fast!

Michelle, Thanks for the private swap! I can't wait to get them...Wish I would be home when they arrive. I have to go to a "QUILT SHOW" OH YEAH!!! and My latest original will hang in it... so wish me luck!
            Love love love that color! :shock: Very WOW! Also very cool chain stitching. did you happen to do that my mahcine or hand?

Bren from the land of Laura Ingalls Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown0307
              I just returned from the post office. My pumpkin pie and blueberry pie reels are on there way to Lorna. The guys at the post office did not think I needed to fill out the customs form since it was going to a military base but I insisted and did it anyway. They finally said "oh well it won't hurt". I just would not back down.

Now on to finishing my HST quilt. Wonder if I can convince the kids that they need to do the cleaning, laundry and cooking so I can just sew when I get home from work tonight. However since they are only 11, 9 and 6 we would be eating a lot of cereal and macaroni and cheese.

Treasa,
              That is so funny. :lol: The Little "TINY" PO I mailed mine from was in some little poow dunk town in NE and the Dear Sweet little old lady behind the counter said to me, "we never mailed anything over seas before. What kind of form is it? :?: " ROT ROW! :shock:

She then made a phone call and some older man came and helped her. Bless her heart! It only took me 30 minutes to mail it off and my DH was so sweet waiting patiently in the truck wondering how much of the machine auction he was missing! Hee Hee! :lol:

Comment

Peaches and blueberries done and waiting for my sister to arrive from New Jersey on a visit to the DC area later today with her peanut butter and jelly Wot RoTTs and our package will be in the mail to Lorna by this afternoon.

I tested some Avery repositionable labels the other day and they seem to work very well. They come off the fabric with ease, yet they stay on if left untouched. I can remove the label and reposition it several times before the label refuses to stay on. I left one label on fabric for 24 hours and it peels off with ease and does not distort the fabric. So off to put the labels on... They would have been in the mail a few days earlier but I procrastinated on squaring off the pieces because I still "fear" the rotary cutter a little bit... i.e. making mistakes and having to start over...

Comment

hello renata
                  they're beautiful
                  i can't wait to get my allocation of these goodies - yeah!

Comment

OHMYGOSH!! All of the colors look so wonderful, and the foodie names are just delightful!! What a fun project!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I was just sitting here having a cup of coffee (without any cake, biscuits or anything else tasty ) and then I started to read all about everybody's foody spools winging their way across the seas. Now I am hungry! Peanut butter and blueberry jam sandwich anyone? Or perhaps peaches and vanilla creme? OMG, I was just typing the word vanilla and Ginger the cat came in jumped up onto my lap and then put her paws straight onto the mouse-pad on my laptop. DH took a photo, here it is.

The camera caught her with her eyes closed but I think she was reading my mail. :lol:

Comment

Good thing no one has posted "catnip"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

:lol: :lol:

Comment

ginger certainly seems very happy. no worries about her reading your mail - as long as she doesn't start sending the responses...

Comment

I'd worry if Ginger could start ordering catnip! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by MargaritaW
                                Just to let you know that "Lemon Souffle" reels are done, need to do labels yet. Working on "Cherries Jubille" now. No pictures yet. I hope to have them done this week. I will let you know when they are in the mail.

Margarita in Auburn, California
                                So what is a cherry flavoured Jubille when it is at home? :? I've not heard of them before.

Are we going to have to start posting recipies to go with the reels?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 229 users online. 0 members and 229 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X