[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

vicky, you'll get an email from either rosemary (international) or from lorna (USA) with all the details
    lotti

Comment

Thanks Lotti

Vicki
      In North Carolina, USA

Comment

Yeah, whooopeee...got in group "c" as #25c...lucky number too :lol: OK, off to make my threads Thank you Rosemary and Lorna.

Comment

Whew! I made it into the group. I did the HST Exchange and just loved the fabric I got from all over the states as well as from many many parts of the world. This will be another fun exchange and I can't wait to get my package back with treasures from all of you.
          Marsha, in California 8)

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
            ooooh nice! (they are nearly lemon meringue too, yum!)

Actually I think they look tidier than mine do, so what was all the panic about? :wink:

I am so looking forward to having so many different reels in my quilt!
            Thanks, Rosemary!

It was frustrating to take two 1.5 inch pairs of strips, sew them together with a supposed 1/4 inch seam, and come up with foursies that were at least 1/8 inch wider than 2.5 inches! So I moved my needle position and trimmed any outliers off!

I have an idea for my quilt, too. I was thinking of putting them all on a black or dark background, then having them in attic window frames so they look like they are in a spool rack. Maybe by the time my reels arrive, I'll have another idea yet, who knows! This time, with fewer participants per group, it will be easier to keep track of the participants when making the quilt. Hmm, what if I quilted each person's name into the background on her/his block?

Kathy

Comment

Or make a circular cotton reel label with their name on? 8)

Comment

Hi!

Please add me to waiting list!

Kathi Martin

Comment

Kathi, you need to send Rosemary (PosyP - the Hamster) an email. Just click on the envelope underneath her profile photo and send an email. Rita.

Comment

Kathy, the lemon meringue strips are gorgeous - me love yellow!
                    I can't even figure out how to make the top, bottom and sides of the spools and here you are coming up with new designs! This is going to be interesting to see what people do with them. I sent my spools off to Rosemary today. I wonder if I will be pipped at the post? It's great that there are lots more people getting involved (I know Rosemary, that's easy for me to say as I won't have the temporary insulation lying around my house, or have to sort out 82 different spool sets!).

For those of you who have just come onboard - everybody is sending two fat quarters with their spools as a thank you to Rosemary and Lorna for sorting and sending our strips back to us.

Rita.

Comment

Rita, this American wants to know what "pipped" means?

I'm loving everyone's spools. And, the food names that you are giving your spools are great. Like lemon meringue! I'm thinking mine is Creme Brulee! Maybe I will name my quilt "Spools and Drools!" lol

Dawn
                      In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Loving everyone's reels!! Mine are turquoises and teals... wonder what food is that color??

All I can think of are those Icee sweet crushed ice cones with turquoise syrup in them!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by heartnsoulquilts
                          Loving everyone's reels!! Mine are turquoises and teals... wonder what food is that color??

All I can think of are those Icee sweet crushed ice cones with turquoise syrup in them!! LOL
                          Heinz baked beans! :lol:

'Beans, beans, they're good for the heart,
                          The more you eat them,
                          The more you ***t'

Comment

The more you eat them,
                            The more you ***t'
                            :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Sorry Dawn, I didn't realize that 'pipped at the post' was not a universal expression. It means passed out at the post as in a race! Just a little play on words. I love your 'creme brulee' spools. I'm afraid mine don't fall into a foody category expect maybe SPINACH!

Comment

The more you eat them,
                                The more you ***t'

Hmmm, the Heinz Baked Beans I've had have been a nice caramel brown... Are they turquoise in England??? LOL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 280 users online. 0 members and 280 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X