[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Rosemary says I'm in. I'll do yellows- just checked, I have a few of those . I read about using Paypal for return postage, I have never used Paypal before. Eeek!
    Kathy

Comment

Kathy, using PayPal is NOT a big deal! I'm sure that someone will post some step-by-step instructions.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Almost finished my original yellow reels. I think I'll go in for a second set. Has anybody said what size the second set needs to be pared down to? I'll let you know the colour once I check my stash. I think maybe the next lot will be batiks... dunno yet. (Still couging - :x )This project is a real stash-buster! Ya! Plus, working on another HST exchange with my guild! That programme with Edyta was a winner on all sides - for her, TQS, and us! Our guild ordered the book, and I'm encouraging many to get her papers. It's a new day!

Comment

The second set is supposed to be the same size as the first. Then you can choose the ones you want to be in the border and trim them a little smaller. At least that's how I read it.
          I got my strips cut, I'm going to sew them tomorrow at bee.
          Frances

Comment

Yes, make Set # 2 the exact same size. That gives us the flexibility to use them however we want! We could trim them for the border, or make a bigger quilt in the center, or make a second quilt or ???

Comment

Thanks!

BTW does anyone have the count of participants up to now?

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                Thanks!

BTW does anyone have the count of participants up to now?
                Ooh..ooh...(hand in the air!) I do miss!

Group a = 34

Group b = 14

Comment

Headquarter News

Here is a photo of what is essential to put into your envelope to post ot either Lorna or myself
                  Your name and address, can either be on a sticky label (preferred) or a piece of paper, & 41 (82) strip sets in a ziploc bag.

I will organise envelopes for the return journey.

I am double checking how Paypal works.

I am double checking costs for the return journeys with the PO & Lorna and when I have the information I will send out an e-mail to everyone with the costs & addresses. I hope to get this sorted over the weekend.

I know a lot of you are champing at the bit to hit the postbag, but go 'furtle with some fabric' or see if you can round up a few more friends to fill up at least group a.

Executive Decision - I hearby declare that the deadline is more of a guideline, cos it is more important to me to fill the spots than draw a line under a date. Also I will be waiting for all parcels to arrive before anything is sent back.

Comment

Rosemary, can you clarify for 'Dim Rita' here - do we put a sticky label on every 4 1/2 x 3/1/2" spool or just one label on the bag with the 41/82 spools?

Comment

Rita, I think the sticky label is for return shipping with your complete mailing address.

Don't forget to label EACH REEL!! From Rosemary's instructions on page 1:

Each section must have a label on them saying your Screen name, Name, Town/City, County/State and Country. This may be either a sticky label or a piece of paper stitched on, but this was one of the bits that made the hst exchanges more pleasurable, in my estimation.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                        Rosemary, can you clarify for 'Dim Rita' here - do we put a sticky label on every 4 1/2 x 3/1/2" spool or just one label on the bag with the 41/82 spools?
                        Just for the 'Irish' amongst us :lol:

Each reel needs identifying for the recipents to know who did what
                        &
                        I need a label with your home address* to put on the envelope so I & the post office know where to return it to! (unless you don't want anything back :shock: )

* if you send a sticky label, please leave the backing sheet on it! :P

Comment

Thanks Margo and Rosemary, I think 'Thick Mick' has got it now. :roll: :lol:

Comment

Well, I finally gave in to temptation and joined as No. 34a. I kept telling myself that I already had too much to do with time limits, but what's a few more strips, huh? Not sure of my color yet. Have to go through my stash and may just have to make a run to the LQS. We'll see.

Comment

Rosemary, shall those of us who are in both groups, place each set of 41 in a separate ziplock bag inside the main ziplock bag? I think that would be good so you can sort them separately. Of course, they'd be sent back home in one envelope, but it will cost a bit more...

Comment

Don't know about the Irish too much, but just want to make sure I understand:
                                One list (a) is for the spools in the center, and one list (b) is for the spools on the border. Technically. Of course, you can do whatever you want with them once you get them. I ask because I'm in group 'b' twice. I will send two different colours. I assume everyone who has two numbers will be sending two colours?
                                Canuck here. Irish and German descent.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 305 users online. 0 members and 305 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X