[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

A good book to read

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Eileen. I have read all of the Patricia Cornwall books and she is a terrific writer. For one or 2 books, she got a bit dark, but she now seems to have lightened up.

I'll have to get this new one. I didn't know about it.

BethMI

Comment

here is new one that I LOVE - The Middle Place - one great thing about all the traveling is that I READ!

Comment

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

All the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child

Comment

I'm listening to a Jack Reacher book now. I have read just about all of them and they are very good.

Comment

I'm currently reading "A Single Thread" by Marie Bostwick. She is a quilter and so far, I'm happy with her writing style. I heard her interviewed by Annie Smith on her podcast and thought I'd give it a try. Check out her website.

Am listening to Robert Lundlum murder mystery while I walk.

Comment

I just finished reading that book last week. (I heard the interview on Annie Smith's podcast, too.) I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one in the series.

Comment

I've been listening to novels by P. J. Tracy lately. Mystery type thriller books. I'm on my third one and they are pretty good if you like that kind of books. At least I'm finishing some sewing projects.

Karen
                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Karen - Thanks for recommending P. J. Tracy. I finished listening to Book 2 of the Monkeewrench Series 'Live Bait' yesterday. It was exactly what a mystery should be, the plot took me totally by surprise. I'm on the waiting list to download Books 1 and 2. Sandy

Comment

Glad you liked it Sandy. I just picked up another one from this author at the library yesterday. I'm listening to Water for Elephants now but plan to jump back into P J Tracy again next.
                    Karen

Comment

I just finished a book called The Shack by William Paul Young. I normally read murder mystery, sci fi type books. Fun stuff. A friend gave me her copy of The Shack. I had to get my own copy after reading it. It is a very thought provoking book and I recommend it highly. For fun I still want my murder mysteries though. I can't be serious all the time Sandi in FL

Comment

Originally posted by sanann
                        I just finished a book called The Shack by William Paul Young. I normally read murder mystery, sci fi type books. Fun stuff. A friend gave me her copy of The Shack. I had to get my own copy after reading it. It is a very thought provoking book and I recommend it highly. For fun I still want my murder mysteries though. I can't be serious all the time Sandi in FL
                        Oh then you must read Tailspin by Catherine Coulter. I just finished it (FBI murder mystery/love story). It's wonderful....

JoJo

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                        <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Hey all you lovers of audio books! My daughter sent me this website link.
                          http://www.mandelasfavoritefolktales.com/
                          It is cute with animals that move etc and a lot of excerpts from an audiobook of Nelson Mandela's favorite African folktales. The readers sound beautiful. My Megan is in charge of publicity and marketing and I would not mention the book here except that the sales benefit children in South Africa, orphaned and impacted by HIV/AIDS. So I thought it might be ok. It looks like it'd be a nice one for the whole family. Karen

Comment

I love Cathreine books new one just came out on the 16 can't wait to read it I am reading Lover's knot now byEmilie Richareds and James Patterson the 8th confession Happy

Comment

TQSRuth: I chose the book because it was set in Tennessee but wow - what a read if it was your g-g-grandmother.

I have 7th Heaven and 8th Confession by James Patterson loaded on my MP3 player to listen to. I also have Book 2 from Patterson's Michael Bennett Series 'Run for Your Life' loaded. Mike Bennett is a NYPD Homicide Detective with 10 adopted kids he is now raising alone.

Comment

The Shack is the cult book of recent months in my neck of the woods. Book clubs are reading it, my 20's something daughter read it &amp; actually discussed it at the dinner table. It is especially valuable to people who have lost children. It will have you crying and laughing &amp; it's hard to put down...not long either. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit show up to help a man through crisis, and they are hysterically funny.

James Patterson scares the daylights out of me.

A previous member wrote about The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This book has breath-taking imagery, superbly written, with a good story. My author friends loved it.

My recent book read was an oldie called The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, about the building of a cathedral in England about the time of Henry II. Hugely successful when it came out, Ludlum did research for this while he was writing his spy-intrigue novels. It has history, politics of the time, religion, sex, intrigue, something for everyone and it is well written. The descriptions are vivid, but not too long. I was able to read awhile, pick it up a few days later &amp; not have to re-read to remember what happened. I quickly got to the point where I didn’t want to put it down.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 88 users online. 0 members and 88 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X