[vb_main_1]

A good book to read

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good book to read

I work in a Libaray and run a cross and book that looked good it is The Art of Mending BY Elizabeth Berg one of the siblings is a quilter look in to it Happy

I got Meg Cox's Quilter's Catalog for my birthday... so far it is a terrific read!! She knows quilting AND is a great writer...
    Florence

Comment

I recently read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult as Alex Anderson had mentioned somewhere it was her favorite book. Great read! Check it out!
      Lynn

Comment

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards is a good read. I read it last weekend and it really held my interest. The young wife of a young doctor gives birth in a snowstorm, and the ramifications of that last for a generation. Most of the book is set in the 1950's and 1960's.

BethMI

Comment

Glass Castle. can't remember author. Great book!

Comment

The Glass Castle is by Jeannette Walls,loved it!Just finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I agree it is a good read.I think you would like Riding the Bus with My Sister by ....hmmm...Rachel Simon(maybe).It is a memoir and beautifully written.Also just read The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan,not one of her novels,but essays on her life,very interesting.And my favorite novel so far this year is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.Also, I've read several books by Elizabeth Berg and she is a wonderful writer.Happy reading everyone. Julie

Comment

The best book I've read in a long time---The Help by Katherine ????

Comment

The Joshua Tree by Joseph Garzone, the best read for inpirational types...

Comment

Originally posted by liiddz
                  The Joshua Tree by Joseph Garzone, the best read for inpirational types...
                  I really liked all his books. Interesting to think about. Karen
                  Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Karen, every now and then I pick up the book and remind myself of how alike we all really are. WE just follow different roadmaps.
                    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Right now I am reading Audition by Barbara Walters. I really like it, quite historical.

Comment

I just finished "Scarpetta" by Pat Cornwell. It's the latest in her series about Kay Scarpetta, a medical examiner who has gone from Richmond, VA to NYC and Boston. This is the type of book I love-mystery and ongoing so I really get to know the characters.

eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I recently finished "Made from Scratch: Reclaiming the Pleasures of the American Hearth" by Jean Zimmerman and really enjoyed it. It's part history, evolution of "home-making" and discussion of the paradox many of us are in, using modern "conveniences" but trying to keep ahold of "home-made" or "hand-made". (almost made me want to clean the house...but nah, I'll stick to quilting!)
                          Florence

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

I recently finished listening to Widow of the South by Robert Hicks. It's a Civil War fiction book based on a real person, Carrie McGavock, living in Franklin, TN.

http://www.reviewsofbooks.com/widow_..._south/review/

Comment

I listened to a book yesterday that made me laugh out loud; Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. A light read but fun.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X