[vb_main_1]

Cleaning My Iron

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning My Iron

Time to clean the sole plate on my iron...very funked up with Sta-Flo. I remembered that years ago a bartender told me that he cleaned up sticky soda with more soda. Hmmm...I wondered if it would work with the starch? So I sprayed my Sta-Flo mix on a paper towel and proceeded to wipe off my cold iron. Holy crap...That thick dried out semi-burnt mess came off in SECONDS. No scrubbing. I wiped it off with a wet rag and was done. 8)

Heck !! I'll be tryin' that !!!

Comment

That's good news.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Guess it's a little "hair of the dog that bit you". :lol:

Nancy

Comment

Sharon Schamber has a hint on You Tube about cleaning your iron, she uses Mr Clean Magic Eraser or you can use something similar.
            There are a lot of hints on You Tube about cleaning gunk off your iron...hope this helps.
            Anne

Comment

Sherry thanks for this tip, I will definitely try it next time. I think it took me about half an hour to clean my iron last week. You would think I would learn to use an ironing cloth. :roll:

Comment

I run my hot iron over a used fabric softener sheet. Works well.

Comment

Sherry, was your soleplate metal or Teflon? I ruined a (fortunately cheap!) iron recently by using hot iron cleaner on the burnt on starch mess on the Teflon soleplate. :shock:

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Connie, what kind did you use? I've been using Rowenta's cleaner lately & it works well, unlike their irons :roll:

I should ask the same of Ritzy, I've never been successful with dryer sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by anne1
                      Sharon Schamber has a hint on You Tube about cleaning your iron, she uses Mr Clean Magic Eraser or you can use something similar.
                      There are a lot of hints on You Tube about cleaning gunk off your iron...hope this helps.
                      Anne
                      That's how I I'd cleaned my iron before this morning. This was sooo much easier!

Comment

Originally posted by gynconnie
                        Sherry, was your soleplate metal or Teflon? I ruined a (fortunately cheap!) iron recently by using hot iron cleaner on the burnt on starch mess on the Teflon soleplate. :shock:
                        Soleplate is metal...no more teflon for me!

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
                          Guess it's a little "hair of the dog that bit you". :lol:

Nancy
                          Yes ma'am! :wink:

Comment

Sue, just generic, fragrance free, fabric softener sheets(they have to be used so they don't leave residue on the pressing board. I have a travel iron that I use and it does not have teflon on it.

Comment

OK ladies, what in the world does "hair of the dog that bit you" mean?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X