Help, need design and technique help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Margo
    We are all learning on this!
    Yes, and thoroughly enjoying it too. Thanks Jan.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

That is something I thought about. I found some colors that look like the backs of the leaves too. Odd shapes are important. Will do that Margo.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

And I really like the lighter patches on the trunk, gives it more texture.

Comment

Glad it wasn't an oops. I was looking at Michelle's picture of two tree trunks and loved the texture and the light and dark there. Thanks, Lotti

Comment

Glad you guys are enjoying it. I think I'll finish it up soon because I need practice appliqueing down my applique. I'm still a newbie and haven't practiced with my machine. Probably need to do a book of stitch samples first. Then I have to get back to the UFO's.

Comment

Did some appliqueing this week and I'm playing with it tonight. Not fusing it until it plays well together. Thought I'd take a picture and post it.

Comment

Think the light green looks bad. It's easier to see the mistakes when posted.

Comment

It's certainly coming together now. Put some more of the green in to balance. I like that it's there.
                  Taking photos to examine your work is always a good idea. You discover things you wouldn't see before

living in Central Denmark
                  Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

No the light green sets off the reds and you do get all colour leaves falling off trees.

I'm loving how 'our' quilt is coming along. This is going to be fabulous

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I agree the lime green looks good and just a bit more of it would look better.

Comment

Jan, the green adds something to it. I am doing a project in autumn colours and the green adds contrast to the other colors and looks good in it.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Jan, I think it's looking great!!! If you're concerned about the light green, add some more in slightly different shades. What is it that Alex says? Something about adding more greens to get them to play nice together. You might also consider using thread to add some texture. Do you follow Laura Wasilowski's blog at all? She adds hand stitches to create texture and shows a lot of before and after shots. Try here http://artfabrik.blogspot.com/p/thread-u-cation.html, then explore from there. This one http://artfabrik.blogspot.com/2012/0...tch-makes.html is another good example. Have fun!

Comment

Looking good so far

Comment

off center works! How about a cat or a squirrel poking his head out?

Comment

Oh yeah! It's really coming together now!! Love the pile at the bottom. The green is good, you just need more green! LOL

There is an old saying - something like "Use an odd number" so perhaps 3 of that or similar green leaves will be just right! And I think it needs another bright gold in there too...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 58 users online. 0 members and 58 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X