Help! I need motivation ! Any hints?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The skirt is great. Have fun dyeing.

Comment

Love your skirt, Rosemary--glad you posted your latest UFO!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        Well done Rosemary. Great looking skirt attached to a great looking pair of pins! :lol:

If I was a little girl I wouldn't like to be compared to a balding middle-aged man with glasses - even if he is an amazing chef! I'm with Izzy on that one. :lol:
        Yes but she does love his Fantastical Feasts programmes, and wants to try some of the ideas at home!

Comment

Beautiful skirt, Rosemary! Glad you decided to do some dyeing this weekend rather than doing some dying! Good one to get right!! I don't plan on doing either this weekend, but I do plan on getting a UFO finished.

Comment

Skirt finished, well done Rosemary. *gong rings out* It's pretty.

Why is Izzy being Hestia? Izzy I assume is your daughter (who else would you go to such lengths for and consider dyeing (dying) for) is this amateur dramatics or a party or in order to dish up some fantastical feasts to you.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Izzy is going to be in a school play (year 5 - if you understand such things), and this year she actually

a) gets to be on the stage (she has just been off stage chorus so far)
              b) a speaking part and
              c) (most important) doesn't need to wear the grey wool skirt I made for 'village girl' persona 4 years ago, and have used for the last 3 plays (the built in length & waist adjustments have worked wonderfully :wink: )

I have already made 3 pairs of flame brooches to pin the chiton at the shoulders, and they are rather good even if I do say so my self - photos will follow in a day or so.

Comment

Well done to Izzy she'll have so much confidence looking the part.

Comment

I finished a UFO! I made this quilt a couple of years ago in an ugly fat quarter challenge in my local guild. I had two months from the receipt of the fat quarter to design and make my quilt and I was determined to make a lap sized quilt, so it was quite a challenge. I collected a bunch of fabric that I thought went with the fat quarter, then designed each section as I went along. I did some cursory quilting and bound it by the deadline. But it needed more quilting, which I've worked on off and on for 2 years and now it's finllay done.

Here's the front of the quilt:

(The ugly fat quarter fabric is the brown fabric in the center block.)

And here's the back:

Nancy

Comment

Congratulations on finishing that UFO! Isn't it amazing--the ugly fat quarter doesn't look ugly anymore! I guess it just needed company! Very nice and aren't you glad it's done? What will you do with it now?

Comment

I'm REALLY glad to have it done! One of the main things I was doing was filling in the background around the outside stars with pebbles, but I refused to take off the binding first, so it was tough and time-consuming. But I love how it looks! This is just a lap quilt for me to snuggle with. It's got a thin batting, so it'll be nice when it's not cold but I need a layer between me and the kitties' claws. (I don't trim their claws at all since they spend a lot of time outside and need to be able to protect themselves, so I get little pokes all the time.)

Nancy

Comment

Nancy that is beautiful congratulations, what a great feeling to finish. Joan

Comment

Lot of work in it Nancy, love the quilting. Well done finishing, hope your kitties appreciate it .

Comment

Great work, Nancy, on getting it finished - I'm with you on not taking the binding off too :wink:

Comment

Hooray !!!Looks great !

Comment

Your quilt looks great. Isn't it wonderful how an ugly fabric can turn out beautiful in the right company?

living in Central Denmark
                                Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 112 users online. 0 members and 112 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X