[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Ten Antique Quilts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margo - You did a beautiful job with what you were given! Thanks for sharing both the issues and how you dealt with them. And, of course, the final product!

Nancy

Comment

Wow Margo. That looks wonderful now. I find this whole story fascinating both historically and as a learning story on the importance of considering grain, measuring, cutting, and accurate stitching. She would not have had the advantages of our rulers and rotary cutters that help so much with all of that, but she soldiered on and finished the top. I wonder if its wonkiness played into her decision not to quilt it though. Really fascinating.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Margo, thank you for sharing this journey! It's quite fascinating, very instructive, and fun! I'm looking forward to seeing how the last one turns out. Hugs, Robin

Comment

Margo, those quilts will be loved even more because of the issues. I don't envy you at all having to deal with them however :lol: . I think you're doing an awesome job! What else are you working on?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by eileenkny
            Margo, those quilts will be loved even more because of the issues. I don't envy you at all having to deal with them however :lol: . I think you're doing an awesome job! What else are you working on?
            What else?? Let's see....I sleep sometimes and eat occasionally! LOL!! Oh yeah...and I'm teaching Feather Boot Camp at a LQS on Mondays this month.
            I don't know how you gals who do this for a living balance your work and your life!

I just want to get this last one done so I can get to my blocks from the Wot Rott reel exchange!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo, you're doing an excellent job on these not so perfect quilts. I definitely don't balance my work and my life. It's either quilts or everything else. For the rest of this year it will be mostly everything else. Maybe when we get moved I will get more organized and try to stick to a better schedule.

Comment

What a lot we have all learned! Thanks so much. What an adventure! You could write a book on this topic. I am sure this a procedure many quilters are faced with when family and friends discover old treasures.

Comment

Boy, Margo - it sounds like those quilts have provided some interesting challenges. No better person for the job than you though. You're such a pro, and the quilts are finishing up great.

Comment

Ditto to all the accolades, Margo! I think Lois is on to something...if you don't write a book, you certainly have enough material/pictures/experience to write a detailed article about the subject. Maybe QN would be interested in hearing from you! Thanks, as always, for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us. Nancy

Comment

Thanks for the votes of confidence, but I'm sure there are lots of more experienced long-armers who could provide a lot more useful info than what I've learned with these 10 quilts! We can just keep it between us! :wink:

Comment

Thanks for the photos, Margo. Can I ask what kind of machine you are doing them on? I can see the edge of it in a few pics.

Comment

Handi-Quilter 16, with a Pro-Stitcher (for computerized quilting) and I luv my machine!

http://www.handiquilter.com/product/...lting-machine/

Comment

Wow, Margo! What a story those quilts can speak now!! What great names and patterns you chose for them. Thank you for sharing them all with us!

Comment

This is really about creative piecing and creative quilting, never boring .
                              The finished quilt are beautiful

living in Central Denmark
                              Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Today's adventure begins with checking the sides before I attach the borders.
                                This is the kind of thing I'm finding.
                                The orange lines mark piecing lines to make patches large enough, and they aren't much of a problem.
                                A tear, however, needs a creative tuck!

Luckily this top measured close to the same across the middle and both ends of each side, so making perfect miters was not a problem.

I got the top mounted and plan to stabilize everything with Superior's VANISH thread before I start quilting.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X