• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful !

Comment

Looking very glam Margo

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Maybe this info has already been posted - I didn't find it but if it has, I apologize for the duplication.

I compared my Superior thread package to the thread numbers in the Information file that is now available, and was mightily confused for a bit. Of course, I am easily confused, but I figured out that there are a couple of thread numbers in the Information file that I think are probably typos.

So to help anyone else who might be checking the color numbers:

#2058 in the Information file is actually 2053 Papaya Whip
        #2148 in the Information file is actually 2138 Blue Surf

And the #2002 Black was not a part of the Superior thread package (wish I'd known that because I would have ordered some at the same time to keep all of the applique thread Magnifico).

I'm excited to get started on this gorgeous quilt!!

Barb in Alabama
        sunshine today FINALLY

Comment

I ordered my kit last week. Can't wait for it to get here!

Lorna

Comment

Good to see another great smile, Margo! Great photo!

Comment

I just got an email from my local quilt store. They are selling this pattern for $23.00 a month plus $10 set up fee. This us suppose to give them a free years subscription to the quilt show. I feel ripped off. What's the deal? This can be sold to local quilt stores? How does thus make it special to those of us that are quilt show members? Again, I feel ripped off!

Comment

Well anyone who buys it will be a quilt show member so I think it's the same difference. Anyone can join the quilt show and you don't get the instructions unless you are. :?

Comment

Sounds like it would be cheaper to just buy your own subscription direct with The Quilt Show - unless the shop is also adding in the BoM fabrics for the price. I recommend that you get the information that the shop is presenting and forward it to ARJJ enquiring whether they have set up an agreement with the outlet. Something seems 'odd' about this offer.

Comment

Actually, a little late night math showed me that the store is, in fact, $10 more expensive than a 2014 BOM quilt kit and a yearly subscription as a star member. I'll bet they don't have a Forum for midnight questions either, which is sooooooooo helpful when doing one of these, as is the Show N Tell. So, the question is truly, why do you feel ripped off, because of the perceived exclusiveness of the pattern? Just join us here on TQS!

Comment

RJR Fabrics and TQS decided to try to work with stores this year on the BOM 2014. To do this a store orders 10 kits and then each kit comes with a membership to TQS so the buyer can get the patterns from the TQS site. We are hoping to reach people who don't know us or don't use the computer a lot. The stores offer personal attention and other ways for quilters to grow and gather. It is an experiment to work with stores because Alex & Ricky feel grateful to the local quilt stores for what they have done from them personally and for the quilting community. Now you can connect online at TQS and/or meet face-to-face with quilters at your local shop. We think it is a fun and interesting experiment. (I would love it if every local shop had a TQS group that met every 2 weeks to practice and talk about the new show's latest techniques.)

John
                      Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNANDERSON
                        RJR Fabrics and TQS decided to try to work with stores this year on the BOM 2014. To do this a store orders 10 kits and then each kit comes with a membership to TQS so the buyer can get the patterns from the TQS site. We are hoping to reach people who don't know us or don't use the computer a lot. The stores offer personal attention and other ways for quilters to grow and gather. It is an experiment to work with stores because Alex & Ricky feel grateful to the local quilt stores for what they have done from them personally and for the quilting community. Now you can connect online at TQS and/or meet face-to-face with quilters at your local shop. We think it is a fun and interesting experiment. (I would love it if every local shop had a TQS group that met every 2 weeks to practice and talk about the new show's latest techniques.)

John
                        Me too. I want a local TQS group. It also would be nice to have a local quilt shop. The nearest ones north, south, east and west are 50 miles away. Do what you can to support them.

Comment

This looks like a good thing all round ! This pattern is "exclusive" to just a few thousands of TQS
                          members anyway ! :lol: :roll: Must design your own to be "exclusively" yours ! And then...keep it to yourself !
                          That's no fun !! I'm like Loise...30 miles to the closest quilt shop...and they have their own wonderful
                          plans for groups and BOMs.....so the forum is a real boon ! MHO, of course !

Comment

Well hey! if it is done with clearance from the head honchos and is seen as a way of spreading the quilting lurv, I am all for it. Added to which it helps spread the cost of all the fabrics, which can be a bonus for budgeting. And I guess the people at the shop get to have a fun get-together each month (do you think they would take cakes etc. to help sustain them through the sessions? :lol: ) Just didn't want it to be done underhandedly and end up costing TQS.

Comment

It looks like 'win win' whichever way you do it

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                                (do you think they would take cakes etc. to help sustain them through the sessions? :lol: )
                                So, now Rosemary, did you think of starting a cake exchange? Then we'll have something to put on our Mug Rugs beside the cup to sustain us. Or maybe just the recipes........

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 89 users online. 0 members and 89 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X