[vb_main_1]

2014 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Bet Rosemary will make it smaller

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I think I remember that the 2013 BOM came out around the end of November - Thanksgiving. So I think they are right on time. Can't wait.

Comment

Margo, great picture!!!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Margo, were you at Houston, and I missed you?

Comment

No, I found that photo on Facebook. Embarrassed to say that I don't remember who posted it! ops: ops: ops:

Comment

Oh dear, I didn't mean to embarass you—I just would have felt awful if I'd missed you. I did finally meet Sue Garman, though

Comment

Connie and Margo - Thanks for posting the pictures I really like this quilt it should be a lot of fun!

Barb

Comment

Oh, I bet meeting Sue Garman was fun! She is so talented. I really enjoy her blog.

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                      Bet Rosemary will make it smaller
                      Probably not. For some reason letters just don't 'do it' for me, and never have done. I do like the look of some of the individual blocks and will be saving along and following everyone else's adventures. But I really ought to get on and finish the 2009 bom - perhaps I should do that whilst everyone else is working on their abc's :wink:

Comment

A couple more photos.

Sherry Reynolds took this one:

Here is the thread collection that Superior Threads has put together for this BOM!

Comment

Is the thread bundle for piecing or quilting?

Comment

This is what Superior says about the thread:

After many years in development, we now have a polyester thread that has the high sheen of trilobal and the strength of filament polyester. It is a high tenacity (strength), high sheen trilobal filament polyester called Magnifico. Magnifico is unlike any other thread. Here’s why:
                            Magnifico consists of four main strands of thread. Each of these four main strands consist of 48 high strength micro-strands. Two 48 micro-strands are twisted together into Set A. Another two sets of 48 micro-strands are twisted together into Set B. Then Set A (total 96 micro-strands) and Set B (total 96 micro-strands) are twisted together to make the final product. Magnifico is a thread made of 192 high-sheen, high strength micro-strands. The result is a strong, bright, beautiful 40 wt. thread ideal for quilting and embroidery.
                            200 colors

Available in 200 colors.
                            TXT & TCH files for embroidery machines available. (Link to the right)
                            Ideal for embroidery and quilting.
                            High-sheen allows the thread to reflect color vividly and clearly.
                            Unlike many other high-tenacity trilobal polyesters, Magnifico is 'heat set' in processing which eliminates shrinkage.
                            Magnifico consists of 48 micro filaments x 4 ply (2 ply x 2 ply), for a total of 192 micro filaments resulting in spectacular sheen and strength.

living in Central Denmark
                            Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Wow. That sounds impressive. I haven't used the Magnifico line yet. Has anyone else?

Comment

The thread package was put together for the raw edge applique (blanket stitch) but it could also be used for quilting. I'm gladyou all like the quilt!!
                                Back to Quilting!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X