[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

2014 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, Marty, a quilt shop just can't compete with TQS Forum, we have so much fun here! Now Terri is starting something up where she can get 3 cakes delivered to her home by Post each month. :lol: :lol: :roll: although I'm wondering how this would work across international boundaries.

Comment

Originally posted by suehenyon
      See, Marty, a quilt shop just can't compete with TQS Forum, we have so much fun here! Now Terri is starting something up where she can get 3 cakes delivered to her home by Post each month. :lol: :lol: :roll: although I'm wondering how this would work across international boundaries.
      Well she has to try to build her strength up somehow, and 3 cakes delivered a month sounds like a good start.... 8) :lol: :lol:

Comment

Be careful what you post here. You never know what direction it will take. Love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

living in Central Denmark
        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

A friend of mine just let me know she is selling the kits also. She has an online quilting shop in addition to her longarm business. cottonbollquilting.com

Looks like her prices at least match TQS's. But that is fabric alone. Looks like Susan is advertizing that you get the pattern on TQS.

I also was a bit surprised to see the fabrics offered off of TQS. But what they are doing makes a lot of sense. We definitely want to keep our LQSs in business. And the more the merrier on this site.

I used the gift certificates and offered them up as door prizes for my local quilt guild in Feltwell. Surprisingly, none of the ladies seemed to know what I was talking about when I mentioned TQS. Need to keep spreading the word however we can.

I first found out about TQS when they did the contest with the LQSs. Whoever won I think got Ricky as a guest.

Lorna

Comment

Not knowing where to ask this question, I'll ask it here, and hope for lots of responses from TQS. Is there any way that the background fabric for the 2014 BOM could be offered through the Shoppe? I've searched the local LQS's and online and can't find it. I'd like to use my stash for pieces under 1 1/2 yards, but like and want the backgrounds from the kit and don't feel as though I need the whole kit. I'd be willing to purchase those bigger pieces by the whole yard. Suggestions?

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines...good stash ! But I need those larger yardages, too. :shock: And while
              we are on the subject, Superior is out of the thread kit ...not due in until end of Jan....Our discount expires
              Dec. 31 ? ! Was there an extension notice that I missed ?? I haven't called them yet.... :roll:

Comment

I don't know anything about backing fabric, so I have pushed that Alex's way. However, I notified Bob Purcell about the thread and he said that he will extend the discount through Feb 28. Sorry for the delay. We had a larger response than we expected. It really is great thread and at just over $4 a spool, a really good deal.
                Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco

Comment

Don't forget to order the black thread separately, as it is not part of the kit.

Comment

The fabrics I would be interested in are :
                    4758-01 Lime Green 1 1/2 yards
                    4758-34 Sky Blue 2 1/2 yards
                    5214-04 Background 2 1/2 yards **** (Ref 22)
                    5214-042 Black 2 yards **** (Ref 10)
                    8172-07 Blk. Multi Dot 1 1/2 yards (Ref 26)

The last 3 present the most challenge to find an adequate substitute for chickens like me, but the lime might be a challenge to find, also.

Thanks for considering our requests!

Comment

Sue, I ordered the kit and was able to look at the selvages to get the product name for each fabric for you. Go to http://www.quiltshops.com and do a search starting with RJR, then the name of the fabric. I found all of them in a search just now, so give it a try.

8172-07 - RJR Crazy for Dots and Stripes
                      5214-042- RJR Confetti Basics - Back to Basics (Black)
                      5214-04 - RJR Confetti Basics - Back to Basics
                      4758-34 - RJR Handspray Sky Blue
                      4758-01 - RJR Handspray Lime Green

The kit fabric and Superior thread are both just gorgeous - fabric washed and ready to go January 1st!

Comment

Thanks, Beverly! That worked beautifully. I think I should give Alex a chance to respond since I opened this can of worms. If not, then I'll use your suggested source!

Comment

Yes ! Thanks, Beverly ! and Capt'n John ! I thought Superior might do that for us !! Getting excited !!

Comment

Hey Everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the end of Dec -I am actually quilting!!! As for the backing - Janet used the black polk-a-dot that is used for the border. Unfortunately at this point we aren't set up to sell it on line. I like the idea of calling your local quilt shop or an on line shop (always please do call the brick and mortar first - we need these folks!) - the fabric company is RJR......Hope this helps..........back to my machine!

Comment

Alex, thanks for the fast response...on Saturday night no less! Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi, I am Susan Hall and I have a quilt shop... http://www.cottonbollquilting.com. I have 5 more complete kits with original fabrics. I also have a bolt of Confetti Basics 5214-003 which is one shade lighter than the background fabric in the original kit. I have enough for 4 quilts (2 1/2 yards each) if anyone is interested in a slightly lighter background. Checkout my site. I am part of the FabShop blowout sale through tomorrow night. 15% off everything except BOM. However, I don't have this background fabric posted yet. It runs $12.00 a yard but I will give a 20% discount if you purchase by tomorrow at midnight. Just email me at mailto:shall7613@aol.com if you are interested.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X