[vb_main_1]

Month 9 Border

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deb,

Maybe you could cut out the babies in one piece (as a whole), in the style of a skyline silhouette. Then you could use embellishment for little eyes, open beaks, and the curve of the breast / shape of a wing.

I really like your nest concept!

Barb in Alabama

Comment

That's a good idea Barb. Thanks!! I'm working on everything else while I "think" about how to do this.

Thanks again, Deb

Comment

I haven't finished my stitching yet, but I did add a photo of my border for month 9. It's sweet and simple but I think it looks good with the rest of the quilt. So I'm pleased.

Comment

It looks fantastic, as though it was supposed to be that way.

And woo-hoo for being almost done on September 5!

Barb in Alabama

Comment

I posted the photo of my finished border. I used Barb's idea of cutting out the babies in one piece and it worked well (thanks Barb!) - it was much easier than trying to work with such small pieces. I didn't do the bird's eyes like the instructions because my birds are only about an inch high - I ended up just using a French knot for the eyes on all the birds.

Comment

Deb I just had a look and they are perfect and oh so cute. Well done!

Comment

Wow, Deb, the wee birdies in the nest are adorable!! What a fantastic idea you had to insert a nest; it makes me smile to look at your photo. I wish I could see a closeup of the nest (hint hint).

And finished on September 7 - woo-hoo for you too!

I'm still turning under edges on the zillion leaves but the end is in sight.

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Deb, your design is very original - and makes you smile! I love it!
                  Andrée

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments on the bird's nest. I attached a close up picture, per Barb's request. I don't really like close up's because you can see all your mistakes ops: - it's surprising what you see in a picture that you don't see in real life. The babies were fun to do but every time I'd draw out the beaks they would look like bunny ears - I finally started moving them more to the side and they looked better. Also, from a distance, my husband said that they look like they're sitting in a bath tub and the egg shells look like bath bubbles :lol:

Comment

LOVE IT!!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Awww, Deb, those babies are even cuter up close! Thank you for posting the close-up - everything looks fabulous to me. And your husband is nuts - definitely eggshells in that nest. :lol:

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Fun to see what everyone's come up with for 2013's replacement. I've not started the 'Two of us' yet - but I intend too!

Barb

Comment

Yay, Month 9 done! I told my husband that if I had realized in January how complicated this quilt was (for me, anyway, probably not for all of you experienced quilters), I might not have had the nerve to tackle it.

I like my little posey, perhaps should have made it slightly larger - but I'm okay with it. It has been cool to see all of our various solutions.

It is very exciting for me to see it laid out - is anybody else eager to get it assembled?

I am posting a shot of the entire top border in Show n Tell, although it doesn't really show up very well, being so long and skinny. My solution for the awkward vine ends was to add an extra blue leaf arranged across the end. (Because somehow, once again, I made extra leaves. How do I keep doing that? Must be that crystal ball thing.)

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Barvb, that very pretty! I love your variation!

Andrée

Comment

Looks great Barb! And I think it's a good size - if you made it much larger it would compete with the size of the flower pot at the bottom.

I'm with you - I'm ready to get everything sewn together! Deb

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 131 users online. 0 members and 131 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X