[vb_main_1]

Month 9 Border

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 9 Border

Well, I'm bummed that we weren't given the alternative pattern for this last border of the BOM. :? Pat Holly told me last month that they had designed an alternative flower to replace the "2013" for those not wanting to put that on their quilt. Boo, I guess I'm going to have to get my pencil and paper out and see what I come up with! LOL, a designer I am NOT! :roll:

Rosamond, I am also planning to replace the "2013". After putting so much work into this quilt I would rather have it seem "timeless." I've been scouring my Pinterest pages for bright ideas for replacements. Probably will be several flowers smooshed together somehow...

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

I've checked with ARJJ and the TQS crew knows nothing about an alternate plan. This is an opportunity for you do design your own!!

Have fun!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Did someone else notice that the big flowers on the pattern don't look the same as the quilt's? It would seem that the inner flower should be "offset" compared to the outer flower... Like this:

Or should I change glasses?

Andrée

Comment

I don't think it really matters!! Do it whatever way you like the best!

Comment

Good pickup, Andree! I had completely overlooked the difference between the quilt photo and the pattern. Haven't decided yet how much of this month's border I'm going to change, but I'm actually kind of excited about doing it (famous last words?)!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by gynconnie
              Good pickup, Andree! I had completely overlooked the difference between the quilt photo and the pattern. Haven't decided yet how much of this month's border I'm going to change, but I'm actually kind of excited about doing it (famous last words?)!
              I'm working on it, even though i'm still stiching month 4! All borders are fused. I was hesitant about doing the 2013 on top, but so much has happen for me this year, it will be a nice souvenir.

I will change the flower so that the inner petals are offset from the outer petals (to look more like the quilt), but to make sure i do not bite into the inner when I stitch the outer, I have printed the pattern "fit to page" just for this shape, which is 94% - it makes the inner petal not even one eight of an inch smaller, just enough so the stiches don't overlap.

Can wait to see what you come up with, as the center of the top border (and how much change you will make overall!).

Andrée

Comment

I haven't started on this month's border yet, but I have been considering what I can do to take the 2013 out of the border. I think I've figured out what I'm going to do... It always kind of seemed strange to me that the vine for the top border sort of appeared from thin air. So, I am thinking that if I flip the border as designed, the 3 little leaves which form a sort of flower would be on the end of the border instead of in the center. I would then need to switch the birds so that they are facing the correct way. That takes care of the outer parts of the border. Now for the center. It should work just to continue the u shaped vine with another "hump." Add another flower (be it the same as the rest of the border or one from another border) and there you have it! I haven't drawn it out but I really think it will work and will look good. The other thing I might change are the leaves. I'm not loving these rounded leaves. :? Maybe I'll do a mixture of leaves from the other borders. Now I'm getting excited to get it started! :lol:

Comment

You Go girl! And show us what you come up with!

Comment

Rosa - I was thinking the exact same thing! I haven't come up with what to do in the center but I'll post my idea when I do - can't wait to see your ideas... Deb

Comment

Rosa, I'm working on this, and you are right, it seems strange that the vines come out of nowhere. I'll go back to the drawing board to change this as well. I'll post a picture once it's fused in place. I may do the 2013 a little smaller too.

Andrée

Comment

What about a nest?!?!?! I hope you can see the picture - it's the same little bird inside the nest with a few eggs. (I would turn the two outside birds so they face in). Or is that too many birds?

Comment

Love your nest. That's a cute idea.

Comment

This is the border that I came up with. I hope you can make sense of the photo. Like I said earlier, the first picture shows how I flipped the design so that the 3 leaves are the end of the border instead of in the middle. As you can see where I redrew the bird, I flipped the bird so that it's looking to the center.

The second picture shows the small amount of re-drawing that I had to do in order to get the vine/flower section to flow in order to place it in the middle of the border. I had to adjust it just a tad on the right hand side, but as picture 3 shows, it lined up almost perfectly on the left side.

Rosamond

Comment

I am going to leave the middle section blank for now, because I plan on putting my daughter's wedding date and their names in there. It will be their wedding present!

Another idea is to put in the pot and flowers from the bottom border.

Or maybe a large flower surrounded by 4 small one, in a diamond pattern.... like this

.. x
                              x O x
                              .. x

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 0 members and 33 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X