[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Completed Ruffled Roses by Lynn

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, it was truly an accomplishment for me! I recall Sue Garman saying that this one was about a 5 or 6 out of 10 on the difficulty scale, and thinking more like a 9.5 as far as I could tell. I learned so much making it. When you make a million flowers and circles, you get much better and quicker for sure.

I actually went back and finished the border on a top i had started about 5 years ago. It is a courthouse steps log cabin,and I added a border of my own design around it. I ran into difficulties with the applique and set it aside. After finishing Ruffled Roses, suddenly this border seemed like nothing! The top is finished, it's waiting its turn to be quilted.

Kathy

Comment

Another lovely quilt Kathy! I really like that layout. They look like chinese lanterns at night - very nice indeed.

Comment

Kathy, Sometimes I think our UFO's are just waiting patiently in que for the time when we've developed the skills or understand the techniques we need to complete the task as it should be accomplished. Perhaps that quilt will be finished right on schedule. Congratulations. Its great seeing all these quilts coming to completion.

Comment

Kathy - Another beauty!! I love the applique that you designed. I want to put more applique on my quilts. Maybe I should finish my Ruffled Roses!

Nancy

Comment

Lois, I think you are right about finishing our quilts when we are ready to do it. What was holding me back on this one was uncertainty about being able to do the applique well enough. I just needed some more experience.

nancy, if you finish your ruffled roses quilt you will have a master's degree in applique! I know that there are more advanced applique patterns, which I haven't done yet, but I feel like I could learn to do those, too, after this quilt.

I'm so glad we're all sharing our stories about our work, it's very encouraging and motivating for me.

Kathy

Comment

Your courthouse steps log cabin quilt is really pretty, Kathy. Rita is right, it looks like Chinese lanterns, I would add, sparkling on a warm, starry summer night!

Comment

Absolutely terrific !!

Comment

Beautiful quilts Kathy. I have always loved the Ruffled Roses pattern. I printed them off, but have not started them yet. I will do it someday when life is less hectic. I have not done alot of applique either so I am anxious to learn more. That is part of the reason I am doing an applique border on my reels quilt.

Comment

Cathy, the Ruffled Roses is an incredible applique experience! It will help to have some applique under your belt when you start- the very first thing you make if you follow the monthly sequence is the center heart- the vine and stems are all one piece! It took me a few days to get those finished! Margo's and Sue's instructions are very good. Patience and perseverance are what got me through- and I am much more at ease with applique now.

If you have a copy of the Piece O Cake ladies' DVD or book on applique, those were very helpful to me. Becky goldsmith was a guest on one of the past shows, but she didn't have time to demo very much.

Kathy

Comment

Kathy your quilt is just lovely and good luck with eintering the competition

Taree NSW - Australia
                      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Our guild show awards are based on votes from people attending the show- I imagine that many local quilt shows are like that. Mine is pretty wonderful, and, there are quite a few other fine quilts that will be shown too. Thanks for the wishes, I do hope it wins something!
                        Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X