[vb_main_1]

Completed Ruffled Roses by Lynn

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed Ruffled Roses by Lynn

I don't know who "Lynn" is, but she did an amazing job on her Ruffled Roses quilt, and Lisa Sipes (who made the alternative colorway for Sedona Star with Sarah Vedeler) finished it off with AMAZIN' quilting!! WAY TO GO, LADIES!!!

http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot....s-lots-of.html

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

I also saw this on Lisa's blog the other day, and this quilt - the colors and the quilting - is SO beautiful!! I really wish I had made this one when it was the BOM.

Comment

Originally posted by heartnsoulquilts
      I also saw this on Lisa's blog the other day, and this quilt - the colors and the quilting - is SO beautiful!! I really wish I had made this one when it was the BOM.
      Michelle, the patterns are now available through QuakerTown Quilts: http://www.quakertownquilts.com/cata...=ruffled+roses

Sure does make us appreciate what a bargain it is to be a STAR member of TQS, doesn't it!

Comment

Oh Margo, you are such an enabler!! LOL

Thanks for the heads up... I had wondered if Sue would publish it at some point...

Comment

QuakerTown Quilts is the on-line distributor for all of Sue's patterns! http://www.quakertownquilts.com/patt...ue-garman.html Have fun!

Comment

Wow, that quilt looks incredible! Beautiful colours, and really beautiful quilting. I am expecting mine to be returned in the post this week. It's only taken 6 months for the long-arm quilter to finish it! I won't be doing that again. I will post a photo when it gets here.

Comment

What color choices for this quilt... if it was a beautiful design and fabric selection before when envisioned by its designer, to me it is even more beautiful as executed by Lynn (of course, happen to be partial to shades of orange as well as green with lots of white. Lisa's quilting is truly exquisite. :P

Comment

What amazing colors this quilt has and the quilting is exquisite.

Rita, I have been wondering if you had your quilt back from the longarmer. I'm sure you will post photos, right?

living in Central Denmark
                Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Norma, I will post a photo of the quilt when I get it back and as soon as I have put the binding on. It might take me a few days as the eyes are still a bit wobbly - sort of like that :arrow: :roll:

Comment

I'm working on the binding for mine, too. I did the quilting which took me about 3 months :shock: . I figure the binding will take me at least a week to do. I'll post a pic when mine is done. I did the Beloved Beauties colorway.
                    Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                      Norma, I will post a photo of the quilt when I get it back and as soon as I have put the binding on. It might take me a few days as the eyes are still a bit wobbly - sort of like that :arrow: :roll:
                      First I'm so glad that your surgery went well and you express the wobbly feeling very well :P

It's a big quilt so I know it takes time to bind it. I just finished another big quilt. Must find a way to take a photo to post. I'm looking so much forward to being able to work on the ruffled roses again. I'm, not good at having unfinished projects but I have a lot of other things to do first. 3 unfinished quilts are in my life at the moment and that's too much.

living in Central Denmark
                      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Norma, I know what you mean about unfinished projects. This one took up a lot of my energy, and i really couldn't work on too much else. It's a relief to know that I'm almost done. next i can turn my attention to an applique border that's been waiting for a year. Maybe it's time for some small projects?

The Ruffled Roses was given a 6 or 7 out of 10 difficulty by Sue Garman, but it seemed to me to be more than that. Probably it was a good test of where I am as a quilter!

I really look forward to seeing finished Ruffled Roses quilts as we get there!
                        Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
                          Norma, I know what you mean about unfinished projects. This one took up a lot of my energy, and i really couldn't work on too much else. It's a relief to know that I'm almost done. next i can turn my attention to an applique border that's been waiting for a year. Maybe it's time for some small projects?

The Ruffled Roses was given a 6 or 7 out of 10 difficulty by Sue Garman, but it seemed to me to be more than that. Probably it was a good test of where I am as a quilter!

I really look forward to seeing finished Ruffled Roses quilts as we get there!
                          Kathy
                          I have tended to stick with smaller projects since I finished mine. If that's a 6/7 difficulty I guess that I am probably closer to a 5 because I found that as challenging as possible. The lady who did the long-arm quilting on mine told me that her husband had become very fond of it and was hinting strongly - but I told her I would never do it again because it was just about impossible and so all-consuming. I really look forward to seeing yours Kathy and yours Norma when they are done.

Comment

Yipee, I got my quilt back in the post today! Now to add the binding.... :? I have to admit I have no idea how much fabric I need to bind this quilt. If I do a 2 1/4" binding strip and the fabric is 42" wide has anyone got an idea of how much I need. This is like one of those maths questions we used to get in school - if a car is travelling at 100mph in one direction and a chicken crosses the road at a speed of 3mph, how long before the paint dries on a window pane if the wind is blowing in a north-easterly direction with a light drizzle? :shock:

Would I be right to think that 8 x width of fabric @ 2 1/4" would be enough to bind this quilt which is about 80" square? Or should it be 9 strips? Or am I completely off? Help!

Actually, I have just measured it and it is exactly 86 1/2" square. I wonder does anybody know what the finished measurement was supposed to be. I couldn't find any reference to that in the instructions 'overview' or in the Month 12 instructions. I changed a few things on the outer borders so I guess it would not be the right finished size.

Comment

The pattern states that Ruffled Roses finishes at about 90" x 90", so you need an assembled binding strip that is about 372" long.
                              (That is 90" x 4 sides + about 10" for the corner folds and final joining.)

370" divided by 42" (width of fabric) means you need to cut at least 8.80 strips, so bump that number up to 9 strips.
                              Add another strip to allow for piecing all the strips together, so you will need to cut 10 strips of binding fabric.
                              (Page 2 in this tutorial shows how I join my strips together: http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/image...ini_piping.pdf )

If you need to cut 10 strips of binding fabric at 2-1/4", you will need 22.5" of (42" wide) fabric.
                              Be sure to allow for squaring up the fabric before you cut it.
                              If I were to purchase new fabric, I would ask for at least 2/3 yard.

Well...actually, I would buy a whole yard....but that's another topic! :lol:
                              Did I ever tell you that I love scrappy quilts?? :wink:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X