[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Completed Ruffled Roses by Lynn

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My quilt is finished! I even have a label on the back ( thanks Margo for the reminder). I have taken a few photos but I don't think the quality is great so I will try to get a better shot outside tomorrow providing the sun isn't splitting the stones as usual :roll: (That's a joke by the way as we have not seen a patch of blue here for some days!) The quilting was done on a long arm and I did the binding myself. I am happy to have completed this quilt even though I have no idea what to do with it now. :?

Here are a couple of close ups of some of the quilting:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
      Kathy, your quilt is so beautiful! Congratulations. I am still working on the binding on mine. It is really difficult to get a photo of something so big isn't it?
      About the only way I can see to do this is to put it up on my design wall. It will just fit if I take everything out of the corner of the quilt studio, and then I may have to take 2 pictures and stitch them together, since I don't think I will be able to get far enough back to get all of the quilt in one photo. I don't know anyone with a second floor and a railing across, that I could drape the quilt over.
      I got up on a ladder to take this pic, and it was still not square!

I started to submit the message, and then realized you had just posted yours. Wow! how gorgeous! Like a ray of sunshine. You did a great job on the sewing, too. I know just how difficult those baskets were :wink: . Now, go celebrate! Kathy
      kathy

Comment

Rita, your quilt is beautiful! Aren't you glad it is done and the only challenge left is what to do with it? I really do appreciate the closeup pictures of the quilting--your longarm person did such a beautiful job. How did you decide what quilting designs would go where on the beauty?

Comment

Rita, it is beautiful!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Rita, you don't know what to do with it. :shock: :shock: You TREASURE it!!!! Your quilt is beautiful!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Thanks everybody, you are very kind. I am afraid that my inner quilt police would not let me get away with some of those cut-off points in the baskets now! :lol:

Renata, I left it up to the long-arm quilter. Being clueless and never having sent off a quilt to be done by anybody else before I reckoned she would know what to do better than anything I could come up with.

Comment

Well, Rita... your longarm quilter did fantastic in the selection of patterns! Compliments to her!

Comment

Rita, your quilt is so beautiful! Well done, well done!! And if you really don't know what to do with it, you can send it to me to live in Atlanta... and you can come visit it whenever you'd like!!

Comment

Or if you'd rather visit it in the great northwest....Idaho has cold winters...... :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen:

Comment

Rita, you did a great job on your quilt, your long arm quilter did an excellent job on the quilting. If you really do not know what to do with it send to me in California. It would really be welcome here, since I did not do this one.

Margarita

Comment

Rita, your quilt is beautiful!! You did a wonderful job and your longarm quilter did a nice job too, pretty designs. You'll figure out what to do with it, after all you put a lot of hours into piecing this quilt and if you are like me some choice words at times when I made mistakes.

Woodbury, Minnesota, USA
                        Longarm quilter - Gammill Classic Pro

Comment

So that's Atlanta, Idaho and California - a season each! Thanks everybody. Mary you are so right there were a lot of interesting incantations went into the making of this quilt. :lol:

Comment

And it is Oh, so beautiful ! I won't look for the Parcel !

Comment

Kathy and Rita, your quilts are just beautiful! Thank you for posting the finished photos!

Comment

These are both beautiful quilts! Nice job.
                                I really like your colors Rita!
                                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X