[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diane, we all applaud you ‘cause we get you!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Here are my two Shoo Fly Blocks. I probably won't start on my applique blocks until later in the month as I need to get back to my 2009 BOM that I started last year... working on the 6" star block border now, so can see the finish line in the distance. :-) But I just had to see how my fabric selection was going to work, and I think I'm really going to like how this quilt turns out.

One thing that has helped a lot with my accuracy has been to slow down, and take my time. When I get in a rush, is when I'm not nearly as accurate as I think I am. LOL I have tried starching my fabric heavily in the past, and while it does help, I'm not sure I like working with fabric that has that much starch. But it is great to have a variety of ways to be accurate so we can pick what works best for our current project.

I also have been using the Easy Precision Piecing kit that was shown in Episode 2506, and I love how my blocks turn out using the glue and the Easy Press Solution for getting flat seams. I can't sew with out those products now. :-)

Comment

Just finished the first two Shoo Fly Blocks. I'm working diligently at being very accurate, including cutting the blocks down to size.

Comment

I love the Precision Pressing Pen and Solution ???? It really makes a difference in pressing and how flat my blocks turn out !! Especially on small block units. Beautiful blocks I love seeing everyone’s work in progress.

Comment

First month done, I think I'm off to a good start. Let's hope I can keep this up all year, this is my first B.O.M. I must say that the measurement fiasco on the show led me to make my own size, instead of the eighths I rounded up to 3 inches and then trimmed to perfection. The applique is by machine, woohoo!

Comment

Heather, I like the colors you are using; your blocks look very well done. I agree, keeping up is going to be a challenge. I've done several BOMs over the years but this one has more blocks in the month than I've ever worked on before.

Comment

Just saw the first block program and really enjoyed the tips. I have a little experience with Crayola washable markers. just thought I would share. They work great.

Comment

Cheddar, I laughed out loud when I clicked on the photos of your experience with Crayola markers!!! Adorable children.

Judy Austin

Comment

so funny

Taree NSW - Australia
                    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

My applique blocks I did raw edge with appli-stick. I used 100wt Invisifil thread made by Wonderfil with the double blanket stitch. I had a mossy green thread I used for all of the blocks. I did the soaky thing and irony thing as suggested and and was surprised how most of the wrinkles came out. It turned out ok. Don't have the patience for the other applique methods as I am doing other sewing as well but didn't want to miss out on this one. Almost finished quilting 2018

Comment

My applique blocks I did raw edge with appli-stick. I used 100wt Invisifil thread made by Wonderfil with the double blanket stitch. I had a mossy green thread I used for all of the blocks. I did the soaky thing and irony thing as suggested and and was surprised how most of the wrinkles came out. It turned out ok. Don't have the patience for the other applique methods as I am doing other sewing as well but didn't want to miss out on this one. Almost finished quilting 2018

Comment

Comment

Meegwat, your blocks look good. I tried Appli-stick and had trouble. While removing the backing paper from the cut out shape, one part immediately flopped over onto another part of the shape and it was ruined—unable to unstick it. The good thing about that product is you fuse the cut out pattern to the back of the fabric, then remove the paper to reveal sticky stuff that allows the appliqué to be secured to the background.

What was your secret to success with it?

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara B the Secret? be very very careful. One of mine did flop over and attached itself to another area but just a tiny bit. I was able to unstick it. After that I was very careful.

Comment

Here are my blocks. I like a variety of backgrounds so it will have a lot of movement.

Denise

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X