[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

BOM 2017

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jean Robert which model of scan & cut do you use? I've been looking at them online and can't decide which model would work best for me. It does look like one of them should go on my wish list.
    Judy

Comment

Judy

I was seriously looking at the CM900 which has wifi and bigger screen.

But i have the CM840. It is an older discontinued model. I got it free when I bought my sewing machine it was a perk left over model.

I really like it. It is great at cutting out perfect pieces for blocks and even the most intricate applique.

The big difference is when I scan a design and edit using the brother creator site, creating a.cutting file I have to down load to a USB stick. The CM900 can directly connect to the site and download and cut via wifi.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I am so going to do the 2017 BOM. I am at the deciding which fabrics I should use stage - this may take a while. I have few regrets in my life, however I bitterly regret not printing Sue's 2 quilt patterns (Star Crazy and Hugs and Kisses) on TQS in 2010, as I would have made both quilts at some stage, they were both beautiful quilt patterns. I'm really looking forward to the challenge of this quilt and may be on the forum looking for help :whistle:
        Warm Wishes
        Pam (in Scotland)

Comment

Pemela,
          You can still buy the patterns for "Star Crazy" and "Hugs and Kisses" on Sue Garman's website. comequilt.com
          I love looking at her quilts.

Comment

I haven't started yet but will be using EQ quilters newsprint, works well and very easy to remove. Will be starting the sewing this weekend, Pat

Comment

I am planning to make the BOM for 2017. I have already downloaded the instructions. I think that I will change the green colors to aqua blue colors instead and still use the bright yellows. I have a lovely aqua blue that I will use for the backing and for one of the greens. Some of the other colors I will pull out of my stash to make the triangles really scrappy. I love blue and yellow quilts. I am glad that they gave a printout for the fabrics, so that we can keep them straight. I will just place my colors on the block and rename to the color of my choice.

Comment

That's what I'm going to do also. I've got plenty of fat quarters I can use, plus 2 white on white so even the background will look scrappy.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Seatlebarbara2003 - I used Ricky Tims' stable stuff foundation paper. It went through my inkjet printer beautifully and the lines were crisp and thin with no bleeding of the ink to thicken the line. My block finished out at 16 1/2 inches. As for bulk, it is very thin and when I did a test run to wet it, it was close to invisible. I found that it supported my units well while piecing them together and the versatility of being able to sew on the line from the back or the front let me avoid sewing on the bumps where the complex units were joined to the less busy units. I love the product and will definitely keep using it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X