[vb_main_1]

BOM 2017

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOM 2017

I've got a couple of packages of the Carol Doak foundation paper; it's newsprint paper. I'm going to use that for the time being.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Are any of you planning to do the 2017 BOM? Do you know if there is going to be a kit offered? If so when will it be offered. I love the cheerful colors and would be interested in purchasing a kit.
    Judy

Comment

I hope you share your progress. I've not finished the 2015 one yet but will encourage you

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Judy,
        I plan to do the 2017 BOM. Sue Garman is my #1 very favorite quilt designer. I am struggling with fabric choices right now. I ordered a charm pack of the Fleurs collection online, to see the focus fabric first hand.
        I read awhile back that there will be a kit. They will announce when it becomes available, and the price.

Happy quilting!

Comment

I want to do the 2017 BOM, but what I have decided to do is that in January, 18 days from now as a mater of fact, I will be going on my dream vacation to Bali for 1 week, & New Zealand for 2.5 weeks! (I can't wait) I want to buy fabric for that quilt on my travels, so it will be like a memory quilt for me! (I'm so excited)
          I'm leaning toward a dark, perhaps black background, & colors more in the southwest tones.

Comment

Oh I am so jealous. Have a wonderful trip and happy fabric shopping!

Comment

Anne,
              That will be a very special quilt! Have wonderful trip!!!
              Judy

Comment

It looks like I will be behind right from the beginning since I don't have fabric for it yet. I have loved all the Sue Garman quilts I have done and always learn something new.

UPDATE Just noticed kit is listed now and I have placed an order. Yea! Merry Christmas to me!

Comment

If I do decide to do the BOM, I'll probably use my stash, and only buy the background fabric. I haven't completely made up my mind yet :unsure:

Comment

New Zealand is a very beautiful country. I was there in 1995. Be sure to visit the Maori Cultural Center in Rotorua. Riding in car while husband drove was rather terrifying, with the steering wheel on the right side. With sheep outnumbering people 20 to 1, there are lots of great wool products. And they really cook up lamb in many delicious ways!

Comment

Tribblemom, are you on the right thread?

Comment

Yes she is! We are talking about my buying fabric for the 2017 BOM on my dream vacation to Bali and New Zealand in 17 days!!!!! I'm sooo excited!!!

Comment

Oops! Sorry.

Comment

I am going to try this BOM. This is my first never attempted a BOM. I have always been drawn to Whole Cloth Quilts.

I have not bought fabric yet. Have been traveling for the holidays and have not had time for fabric shopping.

Indonesia has stunning dyed colorful fabrics. And New Zeeland has wonderful patterns. Have a great vacation

Comment

Interesting discussion about machines today. My 830 has some problems. The straight stitch is not straight. It looks like a very narrow zigzag. It refuses to sew with metallic thread or invisible thread. I dread changing the bobbin. I can be sewing along and get low on bobbin thread, and change the bobbin and immediately get the dreaded gears warning. Then It seems like the top thread and bottom thread often don't connect when it starts sewing from scratch. I can spend an hour trying to get the machine to start sewing again.

Judith,
                              (from the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X