Clear All

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comment

Ooh I never felt a thing Thanks Kathy.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

dito ditto DITTO

Taree NSW - Australia
        My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Ditti ditto DITTO

Taree NSW - Australia
          My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by "idaho" post=125562
            Thanks, Renata for articulating it so well....IMO..the photo quality is superior in the group section...
            but indeed it is confusing and awkward to use...so what's to gain if users can't easily use it. I
            still am spending a lot of precious time trying to use this site...and have road blocks every day !!
            There are too,too,too many places to post, to read and to search..... :S :blink: :evil:
            Thanks to Renata & Marilyn for expressing this so well. And, Terrie, just so you know I am going where the chocolate is being served. Yum! No calories.

Comment

Terrie - best idea I have seen yet! I'm definitely following the chocolates :woohoo:

Comment

I will shamelessly follow chocolate anywhere.

Comment

Just learned that he black mat is on sale at JoAnn.com for 50% off. ($8.49)
                  http://www.joann.com/grip-n-grip-heat-resistant-pressing-sheet/2008498.html
                  Also Fon''s and Porter glue sticks and refills are 50% off too.
                  I think the DMC hand embroidery needles are on sale also for 30% off.

The black mat is called Grip N Grip Heat Resistant Pressing Sheet, Item # 2008498
                  Description: "This great tool is perfect for a vast variety of things: roll it out onto your work surface and place your fabric; paper; wood and anything else you don't want slipping away! This pad helps in applique placements; fabric painting; placing gems and even iron-ons on fabric. Pad can be used with paper for scrapbooking; wood for Woodburning and much more! This package contains one 12-1/2''x17'' black pad."

I COULD NOT FIND HOW LONG THE SALE WILL LAST. IT MAY END TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT.

Comment

I can't remember ever buying a whole kit. A pattern, perhaps, but never a whole kit. I am now in the process of choosing the fabric for the 2015 BOM. I'm going slightly crazy with changing my mind after every choice becomes 'final'...then I see/find another fabric that would go oh, so much better. Then I've thought, well, 'make two...one for this colourway, one for that colourway. I am determined to use my stash. Now I understand why people buy kits - all the mind blowing thinking is done for you. But I like to choose my own colours usually. Gosh, either that or I am really rebellious!

Oh dear. I think I need some chocolate - go ahead, help yourselves. Follow the trail.

Comment

Miam! Chocolate!

Yeah! looks like this post got moved to it's own category (BOM2015). I know now where to post the half size measurements! B)

Comment

Sorry, so confused by the Group concept. Forum worked so well last year but not sure why/how to get involved in the group. When I go to it now under TQS Community it seems disjointed. Guess I'll stick with the forum for now as long as Andree's half size info is there. If it's on the Group I have no idea how to join.

Comment

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=125590
                          I can't remember ever buying a whole kit. A pattern, perhaps, but never a whole kit. I am now in the process of choosing the fabric for the 2015 BOM. I'm going slightly crazy with changing my mind after every choice becomes 'final'...then I see/find another fabric that would go oh, so much better. Then I've thought, well, 'make two...one for this colourway, one for that colourway. I am determined to use my stash. Now I understand why people buy kits - all the mind blowing thinking is done for you. But I like to choose my own colours usually. Gosh, either that or I am really rebellious!

Oh dear. I think I need some chocolate - go ahead, help yourselves. Follow the trail.
                          I'm going through the same thing, Terrie. Determined to use my stash, have a colorway in mind, but keep switching ideas up (all from the stash). Unlike you, though, it never crossed my mind to do two of them! :blink: Then I would be changing my mind on the fabrics for two quilts! Do you really think chocolat would help? :unsure:

PS I've never purchased a kit either...

Comment

Terrie, thanks for the virtual chocolate! Looking forward to much more throughout BOM 2015!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

For anybody who is interested in doing needle-turn applique for this BOM and doesn't know how - here are three short videos from Becky Goldsmith that might help. We had all of these last year on TQS so some of you might have seen them already. I think they are really clear demos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbbqaqCs7lM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQZbKX4lTKE

Looking forward to seeing the different combinations people come up with for this BOM.

Comment

The video shows how to do the bias stems. I've found you can cut the stiff plastic packing tape to size saves buying the stem tools. Not that I've made the stems yet but have cut the plastic :blink:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 55 users online. 0 members and 55 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X