N block

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I see, the month of May has been fixed but not June. :cry:

Comment

Wonderful Andree! Your close up pictures are great. It provides a different view, I think TQS should post your slide show for everyone.
      Originally posted by AndreeBergeron
      Just in case, I printed an enlarged image of the block (as the quilt), and I will trace it. I will make a copy for the full-size as well as the half-size if anyone is interested, and do not wish to wait for an update.
      If you have a look at the zoom quilt individual photo (blog November 9th 2013) (http://johnandrsn.jalbum.net/A-Z_with_Ewe_-_Me/) check picture of "N" block
      We clearly see that the top left of the N is aligned on the seam between the block and the background.

Anyway, back to the drawing... and sewing...

Andrée
      happy quilting, Robin

Comment

Well I finally gave up. The new N is still not the same as in the quilt and if it didn't look awkward to me I would have left it alone. I'm not going to hold my breath or ask for them to correct it correctly so I used the close up pics that Andree posted and retraced the letter. If anyone is interested I printed out the pic and enlarged to 156% to get the right scale. Printers are different but it may help you to narrow it down a bit.
        If I didn't have my basket of Flowers done I would have put in Nuts, cause that's what this block has made me ..NUTS... and it starts with an N
        On to sewing fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy
          Well I finally gave up. The new N is still not the same as in the quilt and if it didn't look awkward to me I would have left it alone. I'm not going to hold my breath or ask for them to correct it correctly so I used the close up pics that Andree posted and retraced the letter. If anyone is interested I printed out the pic and enlarged to 156% to get the right scale. Printers are different but it may help you to narrow it down a bit.
          If I didn't have my basket of Flowers done I would have put in Nuts, cause that's what this block has made me ..NUTS... and it starts with an N
          On to sewing fun!
          When I looked at the "corrected" version, I thought it still looked different than the quilt's. I hope next month will be accurate.

Andrée

Comment

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! It's still not the same as my original drawing. I will let the folks at TQS know about it and HOPEFULLY it will get fixed soon!
            Back to Quilting!

Comment

Janet if you talk to the powers that be to correct the N, check the template for the May K block. I think it is still not correct.

I have done my own N and am OK with it. Love this quilt!!!!!!!!

Comment

Okay, now I'm fighting with the N block (yes, I know I'm behind but I'm getting there) and I can't see any way to make it fit! I guess I'll try some of the other suggestions people have made. This entire block has been entirely too fidgety for me and the fight to get the letter N on the block just puts the cap on it. My printout has the June 20 date on it and it simply DOES NOT FIT!

Comment

hi andrea, where did you post the N block. I just read your comment. I just downloaded all the blocks and couldn't find a correct (correction) anywhere. this is my first time here on this part of the quilt show. I copied all the pages and would like to complete it with a correction of the *N* block.

Comment

Originally posted by "jeanna40" post=123474
                    hi andrea, where did you post the N block. I just read your comment. I just downloaded all the blocks and couldn't find a correct (correction) anywhere. this is my first time here on this part of the quilt show. I copied all the pages and would like to complete it with a correction of the *N* block.
                    I post my N block in the "Half-size measurements" post.
                    You can see a close-up of all the blocks of the original quilt here:

http://johnandrsn.jalbum.net/A-Z%20with%20Ewe%20-%20Me/

That's how I got my "N"...

Hope that helps!

Andrée

Comment

where do i find the half size measurement post

Comment

You can find the half-size measurement post here:
                        http://thequiltshow.com/forum/bom-2014-a-z-for-ewe-and-me/6758-half-size-measurements

Andrée

Comment

andree, i need the full size pattern, corrected pattern. went to the blog section you mentioned nov 9th 2013, well it goes from nov 10 down to nov 6. missing nov o9th . i can see what an expert you are. i read a lot of how you were doing the blocks half size . i tried one time to do a christmas ornament which finished at 3 inches and its the only one i completed. i wish i had started(which i haven't yet) making this quilt when everyone did because your directions are so good. can you help me again. jeanna

Comment

Hi,

If you downloaded all, you should have the latest corrected version. I'm not sure if it had the same "N" as Janet's, my version doesn't. Sorry.

Maybe you can contact TQS, or Janet?

Andrée

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 31 users online. 0 members and 31 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X