[vb_main_1]

N block

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

N block

I'm having a bit of trouble with this N block. I've completed the basket without problem and am ready to place my "N" onto the block but it won't fit. It seems much wider than the sample shown. I actually think the one in the sample is narrower and the flourish on the upper right is not so large. It won't allow for any seam allowance on the right side of the block and will have to overlap the basket as is. I have checked to be sure my printer scale is "none" and my 1" test block is correct. In looking carefully I think the one in our pattern is different.
    Anyone else having this issue??

Thanks in advance..

Yes.....I'm having the same problem....the letter is too big!

Comment

Haven't started this yet but I noticed that the left-side bottom curl goes into the basket block area. If you are doing that--I don't know because I haven't done any measuring yet(just printed the directions ops: ).

Comment

There must be something wrong with the pattern. The printed letter "N" measures 5" x 7-1/2". The background measures 7-1/2" x 7-1/2".
        If you look at Julie's video at 1:07, you will see that the letter is smaller than the background. Even if it should overlap on the block, there will not be enough room at the right.

I'll wait for other comments/revision before I begin the "half-size" process...

Andrée

Comment

Hi all,

We are checking to see if the Letter N is indeed too large. The bottom left leg of the letter does sit within the basket block. Stay tuned for an answer shortly.

Cheers,
          Lilo

Comment

Cutting error in Ohio Star. Background fabric should read ...cut 1 @ 8.5''x1.5'', not 2 strips

Comment

I too am having a problem with the N initial, it's too big and comes over the basket handle.
              Surely someone in the writing of this pattern should have noticed this error.
              It's really frustrating :?
              Anne

Comment

What was the upshot about the letter N?

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                  What was the upshot about the letter N?
                  We did not get any reply yet. The letter N looks too big, but I see on the "show & Tell", some have completed their blocks. Don't know if they did something special...

Andrée

Comment

I've been looking at the "Show and Tell" finished blocks and they seem OK maybe someone could tell us how they did it.
                    I notice Margo's are OK.
                    I've printed off 3 of the N letters and will cut them up to see if I can make it fit. The annoying thing is that I have already cut out the letter N from my fabric.
                    Anne

Comment

Here is what I decided to do...I added the extra star to balance it
                      I hope this photo comes out OK. The orange is a piece of card cut to size to make it more obvious in the photo.
                      Anne

Comment

Looks good!
                        I wished that we would get a reply soon... I might try something myself...

Andrée

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience while we checked out the pattern. This is the suggestion made by our pattern writer:
                          The top left curl of the N is perhaps a hair larger than the one on Janet's quilt in the picture. You do need to make sure the bottom left curl snugs up against the basket, and you also need to make sure that you have an accurate 1/4" seam allowance when joining the 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" square to the basket block. If it were me, I'd simply trim the top left curl a little to make it fit.

Comment

Originally posted by TQSWizard
                            Hi all,

Thanks for your patience while we checked out the pattern. This is the suggestion made by our pattern writer:
                            The top left curl of the N is perhaps a hair larger than the one on Janet's quilt in the picture. You do need to make sure the bottom left curl snugs up against the basket, and you also need to make sure that you have an accurate 1/4" seam allowance when joining the 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" square to the basket block. If it were me, I'd simply trim the top left curl a little to make it fit.
                            Hmmm... I have a general question about the pattern and maybe I missed this from earlier correspondence. You mention pattern writer in your note. Did Janet write the instructions for the BOM or did someone else write it based on looking at Janet's quilt?

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                            <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Shouldn't we get the exact pattern without us trying to make it work?

Andrée

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X