X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my quilt pinned to the wall. Nancy
    Attached Files
    NANCY

Comment

My Birdhouse quilt ready for machine blanket stitch!

Comment

Alex, Tell the crew I just LOVE the new site. I've been going all over and finding new things. The new look is fresh, and very professional looking. I have a few issues (I submitted tickets). I worked in IT for over 30 years (many years ago) and know that a new system will not be perfect at the start. But I still LOVE it. Growing pains are good.
        Monique 

Comment

Ready to quilt! Enjoyed trying the different types of appliqué, but went with raw edge for the birds. My wall hanging is about 75% original size, so birds got too tedious. Used some broderie perse and have some wooden embellishments to add when I finish quilting. Thank you so much for doing these projects, I have learned a lot and used up some of my stash!
          Last edited by clarkleigh; 03-07-2021, 12:17 PM. Reason: Had trouble uploading photo sorry

Comment

Ta-da! I finished my birdhouse quilt today! And I hung it in my kitchen. It is delightful! I did hand appliqué on the big flowers and bird house entries, did machine appliqué on stems and birdhouses, thread painting on the bluebirds and flowers. This tickles me because I wasn’t going to make this quilt but got inspired as I watched Alex’s show...

Comment

This reply by msjane has been deleted by msjane

I finally fused everything down and stitched my bottom border on; committing to my final decision. This was a very fun quilt for me. I had always done raw edge applique which a primarily stuck to on this quilt but, I did try finished applique on the birds. I am happy with my little birds. I bought the Apliquick Applique Rods after watching the TQS Rosa Rojas Show, but had never used them. Alex's class on this technique gave me the courage to try. Thank you, Alex! After a few birds I really got the knack of it and nine little birds were born for my quilt top. It was fun and I think I will try it again in the future. I love learning new things. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_222351 (1).jpg
Views:	0
Size:	974.0 KB
ID:	882901

I finally fused everything down and stitched my bottom border on; committing to my final decision. This was a very fun quilt for me. I had always done raw edge applique which a primarily stuck to on this quilt but, I did try finished applique on the birds. I am happy with my little birds. I bought the Apliquick Applique Rods after watching the TQS Rosa Rojas Show, but had never used them. Alex's class on this technique gave me the courage to try. Thank you, Alex! After a few birds I really got the knack of it and nine little birds were born for my quilt top. It was fun and I think I will try it again in the future. I love learning new things.

Comment

Thank you Alex. I learned some new techniques. The Tobisch way works on my Bernina 710

Comment

The birdhouse fabric around the border belonged to my mother and I couldn't think of how to use it until this project. She passed away in 2005.

Comment

Ready to quilt! I really enjoyed learning all the different appliqué methods. I’m making my wall hanging 75% the size of the original, so ended up using raw edge appliqué for the birds. Used some broderie perse and will add some wooden embellishments when done quilting. Thank you for all your classes, they have helped the time fly by and also to use up my stash.

Comment

• Meegwat
                      Meegwat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Really like your pale background

Just needs birds. I can do the Shelly Tobisch way on a Bernina 710. Love that new method.

Comment

You can do the machine v'd applique stitch (from last weeks live from Alex) on the Bernina 880 machine. It took me a while to figure out, but the secret is to use the Stitch Designer, editing Stitch 1331 (from the quilting menu) to remove two of the straight stitches between the v's. and moving the length and width up to match what Alex suggested. I saved it in favorites with my stitch position all the way to the right. and now it works perfectly even when I put on the 95D foot. It did not/ would not work when adjusting the balance function as Alex did on her 765. Different type of function on the 880. But I do need to have the 9mm plate on the machine not the 0 mm.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X