Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the flowers spilling out!

Comment

Having fun with my baskets, a little behind, fabric colors inspired by fabric line Apricot & Ashes, but taking from my stash. Thanks Alex for all the tips! Love the fabric glue stick. All sewn on my treadle machine, White-1930’s

Comment

Yes, I like that also. Love your blocks

Comment

I like your colors and beautiful blocks.

Comment

Basket puzzle quilt progress.
            Sally Hickey

Comment

This is what I have done so far. Having fun. Thanks Alex for teaching us. Mary
              Sally Hickey

Comment

Still chugging slowly along. Most are 6” finished. Upper right are some 4” ones that need their handle. Is fun to try new layouts.
                Lynne

Updated photo Oct 12.

Comment

Originally posted by "Lahoefer" post=150295
                  Still chugging slowly along. Most are 6” finished. Upper right are some 4” ones that need their handle. Is fun to try new layouts.
                  Lynne
                  I like your baskets! So many variations!

Comment

Worked all weekend. It is just layed out. Not sewn together yet. It does not want to be square. I tried turning blocks. I could make corners to square it but then it would be huge.

Comment

Worked all weekend. It is just layed out. Not sewn together yet. It does not want to be square. I tried turning blocks. I could make corners to square it but then it would be huge.

Comment

Hapi2so, So you have not sewn the sashing strips on yet. Did you measure each of the blocks to see how much you are off from being square. Sometimes you can adjust the length or width of the sashing strips so it is not noticeable, but will help to make it square. Could you post the measurements. Might be able to come up with some ideas.
                        Love the colors. Love the blocks . And love the layout. HelenW

Comment

Thx Helen. No trimming yet. This was just the lay out for filler pieces. As soon as I decide this is it, I will start measurements. And thx. I will post

Comment

hapi2so - I had a similar issue with a basket sampler quilt I made a few years ago. I solved it by adding coping strips to the blocks, in fabric that matched the backing for each block. After quilting, it blended in and wasn't obvious. Another option. Love your colors, great setting.

Comment

Is the Basket class with Alex cancelled for today, Monday, October 12th?

Comment

Yes. Be back Wednesday

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X