Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone.

Comment

After starting the newest block I realized that I don't have a problem with color or pattern coordinating --my downfall is working with solid fabrics! Anyone else experience this problem?

yes, I usually use a lot of prints, and I love the scrappy look of them all....Maybe throw in a solid if needed, or for background. This is really stretching me. I had no Kaffe fabrics before and now have a bunch which some will be used now, and some will be saved for later. I am particularly in love with the blue oranges I found on line. Don't think it will go in this quilt, but look forward to finding something perfect for it.

Comment

Micky from Montana - Where in MT? I'm near Kalispell. My next two blocks: Star of Hope and Flock. I tried to reduce the 9-inch dimensions to an 8-inch block on the Star of Hope and ended up with 7.5 inches! I may do it over. What a great learning experience, and I really learned to lay out my blocks before piecing! Plus now I really want a design wall!

Comment

Also from Montana near Bozeman. I haven’t started yet as I just got the Kaffe fabrics, waiting for Colorwheel. I’m learning a lot. Thank you Alex. This is so very generous of you, spending time with us. Loving everyone’s blocks.

Comment

Yesterday's Star of Hope on the left and the modified block on the right. I am having fun letting the Brassica fabric assis in the block color choices.

Comment

Originally posted by "jtutton" post=148974
              Got my blocks on my design wall but they keep falling off. I see I need more red, too.
              Your blocks look great. Tell me more about your design wall. Does it pull down? What is it made of?

pines/elaine

Comment

Cool!

Comment

I got it many years ago. I think I saw it in a quilting magazine. It is like a valance with a roller shade inside. It is about 5 feet wide and I mounted it above the closet doors. It is solid on top so you can put stuff on it. Wish I could remember the name

Comment

My work today

Comment

nice blocks. love the design wall.

Comment

Am bouncing back and forth between this project and another so am behind but, here is my first post. I'm still fine-tuning and developing my piecing chops; work on repeats of these as well working on the more recent ones. All very very fun!

Comment

Today I pinned the blocks on the fabrics that they have colors in. All this color is really stretching my mind. I'm enjoying it, but have no idea how to go about finishing off all this color. I'm glad Alex is going to show us a way.

Comment

I’m a little behind. Trying to finish appliqué on Sequoia Sampler. I have learned SEW much in the last few months. Finished the Sawtooth Star bellies. Interesting. I’ve really enjoyed using the color wheel to affirm my color choices.

Comment

Yes. I’ve used small prints that read solid. Blowing my mind. But that takes very little gun powder.

Comment

Darling

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 93 users online. 0 members and 93 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X