[vb_main_1]

Bring back comment-ability on Quilts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Sewdreamy" post=128321
    I was just looking at Janet's beautiful quilt on today's QOD, and wanted to comment about how much I liked it. There is no comment for these. In the old website, you used to be able to click on the quilt and send the maker a comment about the quilt, and that, too, is no longer available. I know you can go message the person, but it was fun to have that ability. I have been a supporter of the new website in general, but I do think it isn't as friendly-feeling, and this type of thing is one of the reasons. Please add a comment submission ability to the quilts. Cheers.
    [color=#000000]I can forward your suggestion to Bob, the webmaster, to see if that feature can be added. In the meantime, I have found a way to comment on those quilts. You probably won't like the extra steps, , but until the comments can be added directly to where you view a QOD, I'm sure the quilter would be thrilled to see some comments on their work.. Here goes:
    [ul]
    [li]Click on the Quilt of the Day to see just that quilt .[/li]
    [li]Click on the member's name highlighted in blue under their avatar - this will take you to their profile page.[/li]
    [li]On their profile page, click on "Photos" just under the banner.[/li]
    [li]You can then click on the quilt you want to comment on, or it may be in an album in which case you would have to click on the album first.[/li]
    [li]Once you have the quilt photo up, scroll down below the photo and there is a place to add a comment.[/li] [/ul]

Yes, I know that is a bit cumbersome, but I think the quilters would appreciate your efforts to share a little love.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by "sewengel" post=128336
      I also agree the type of member, i.e. star, gold, silver, whatever should be kept private. I also log on a few days a week because the Forum is fine, but I really enjoyed the blogs, which I used to do frequently. I do believe we are getting used to the new site, but it still has issues. I will be attending a taping at the end of March and will address those issues then too.

Sharon in Warm, breaking a record this weekend, Colorado
      Talk to John Anderson if you can - he's the boss! He is very interested in making this a place where quilters come to share ideas and help each other.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by "JudithA" post=128359
        Speaking of Groups... How do you withdraw from a group that you are no longer interested in? Are there instructions on the website somewhere that I missed?
        Go to the Group you want to opt out of.
        Under the banner on the right side, click on "Options"
        A window will pop up, select "Leave Group"
        You will be asked if you are sure you want to leave group - click on either Yes or no.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=128443
          Originally posted by "Sewdreamy" post=128321
          I was just looking at Janet's beautiful quilt on today's QOD, and wanted to comment about how much I liked it. There is no comment for these. In the old website, you used to be able to click on the quilt and send the maker a comment about the quilt, and that, too, is no longer available. I know you can go message the person, but it was fun to have that ability. I have been a supporter of the new website in general, but I do think it isn't as friendly-feeling, and this type of thing is one of the reasons. Please add a comment submission ability to the quilts. Cheers.
          [color=#000000]I can forward your suggestion to Bob, the webmaster, to see if that feature can be added. In the meantime, I have found a way to comment on those quilts. You probably won't like the extra steps, , but until the comments can be added directly to where you view a QOD, I'm sure the quilter would be thrilled to see some comments on their work.. Here goes:
          [ul]
          [li]Click on the Quilt of the Day to see just that quilt .[/li]
          [li]Click on the member's name highlighted in blue under their avatar - this will take you to their profile page.[/li]
          [li]On their profile page, click on "Photos" just under the banner.[/li]
          [li]You can then click on the quilt you want to comment on, or it may be in an album in which case you would have to click on the album first.[/li]
          [li]Once you have the quilt photo up, scroll down below the photo and there is a place to add a comment.[/li] [/ul]

Yes, I know that is a bit cumbersome, but I think the quilters would appreciate your efforts to share a little love.

Kathy
          Are you sure this works all of the time? As I recall, when I tested adding a quilt to the gallery, the quilt did not appear on my profile. That was one of my early requests that I never heard back on -- that gallery quilts should appear in our profiles so that people can see information about the quilts that we have made. So, I think this will only work if the quilter has taken the time to add the quilt both in the gallery and on their profile.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS - This just in from Bob, the webmaster at TQS:

"Got the comments working on the Quilt of the Day, Zoom Quilts and Quilt Gallery."

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kathy

Comment

Thanks so much! Thank Bob too.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Comments are working in the Show & Tell, too!

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Opps

Comment

Thank you Kathy! Your instructions were concise and accurate. Worked perfectly.

Please tell John that we need to put all your your instructions in a TQS Website Help Manual. When we want to know how to do something, it would be great to be able to go to one place and look it up! Sooner or later this would also save you a lot of time. You wouldn't have to keep answering the same questions over and over.

Thank you,
                    Judith

Comment

Judith, did you see the announcement above? Comments can now be added when viewing quilts in the Gallery, QOD, Show & Tell, and Zoom Quilts! My instructions are obsolete, LOL.

Kathy

Comment

WooHoo!!!!! Progress seen!

Comment

Hi Kathy,
                          I was actually thanking you for the instructions on how to withdraw from a group! I had joined the Grand Illusion group at one time but lost interest in it and wanted to withdraw. Don't get me wrong - Grand Illusions is a great idea. I just didn't have time for everything. "So many quilts...so little time."

I haven't tried the comments yet. Looking forward to that.

Please explain a little about posting pictures of one's quilts on different places of the website. Whats the difference between posting a picture in My Profile and posting one in the Gallery and My Gallery and in the 2015 BOM Group?
                          When would you Create an Album, and when would you just post a single picture?
                          If you post a picture in one place, does it show up in other places?
                          Also, how large should the file be?
                          What file formats are best?
                          Any other tips?

Thank you for helping us through this.
                          Judith

Comment

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=128462
                            Comments are working in the Show & Tell, too!
                            Yep - just tried it.

Next up opening up posting to the show & tell, please.

Comment

....What?... That is weird, didn't find a way to add a photo to Show & Tell!

Ohhhh Baaawb....!!! (I was going to drag out the vowel in his name, but then it looked like boob, LOL)

Thanks for letting me know!

Kathy

Comment

Judith - I'll post info on your photo questions, but may take a few days. I've got quite a few pots boiling on the stove right now. Working on the newsletter for my guild, trying to finish a quilt for my guild's show next month, going to a quilt show in San Francisco tomorrow with a friend, dh and I going out of town this weekend.

Yes, it would be nice to post all the "How To's" under the HELP tab at the top of the forum. Need to get John's approval for that.

Kathy ;-)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X