[vb_main_1]

Bring back comment-ability on Quilts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back comment-ability on Quilts

I was just looking at Janet's beautiful quilt on today's QOD, and wanted to comment about how much I liked it. There is no comment for these. In the old website, you used to be able to click on the quilt and send the maker a comment about the quilt, and that, too, is no longer available. I know you can go message the person, but it was fun to have that ability. I have been a supporter of the new website in general, but I do think it isn't as friendly-feeling, and this type of thing is one of the reasons. Please add a comment submission ability to the quilts. Cheers.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

I agree I do not think the new look has same friendly atmosphere. I used to visit TQS site daily but now disinclined to log on. I hate the silver, gold , grades on members as well and miss the blogs

Comment

I also agree the type of member, i.e. star, gold, silver, whatever should be kept private. I also log on a few days a week because the Forum is fine, but I really enjoyed the blogs, which I used to do frequently. I do believe we are getting used to the new site, but it still has issues. I will be attending a taping at the end of March and will address those issues then too.

Sharon in Warm, breaking a record this weekend, Colorado

Comment

I also agree with this. It is too cumbersome to send somebody a message if you like their quilt on the Quilt of the Day so I mostly don't bother now. This is sad.

I also think the 'Member Groups' does not work successfully. It is too difficult to just comment on a topic there without accidentally creating a new topic. It's too difficult to post a photo without creating a new photo album. I don't even bother to go there at all anymore. And why bother having Show and Tell if one can't?

Comment

I'm hoping that when they discover we don't use it...they will fix it or get rid of it !!!
          A lot of the so-called features are awkward !

Comment

Speaking of Groups... How do you withdraw from a group that you are no longer interested in? Are there instructions on the website somewhere that I missed?

Comment

I basically only check the forum. I do look at the quilt of the day but that is all.

Comment

I miss the blogs. I agree about how difficult it is to comment or send messages regarding Quilt of the Day. When I have something I want to share it ends up being oversized for the Forum. There was a time when we had great tutorials on Blogs. Andre is doing a great job with tutorials for the half size BOM's but it would be so much more useful/easier to find later if it were in a blog. So many member used to put tons of inspiring photos in their blogs. Remember Lotti. Where is she anyway? We had some great tours with her. Are they still working on the cite, or is this what we get?

Comment

There is a group of quilters that used to be very active here that have moved to Facebook, including Lotti. I wish they would make this more friendly, work on the blogs and the other problems and regain the active commenting community of quilters before we lose more quilters. This site has been such a great resource and I hope it will not go downhill from here.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I agree with you. I do not visit this site as often as I used to. I would also like to comment on the beautiful work our quilting sisters are doing. Sometimes when we are working hard on a project, it is nice to have a complement now and again.

Comment

I love TQS but am very disappointed in the new website. It seems they took away so much of what we liked and gave us things that either don't work or we don't like. We are told to bring to their attention the problems we find but when we do we get excuses and just wait, we are working on it. Haven't seen much progress!

Judy

Comment

Well I am encouraged other folk don't feel at home in the new site I thought I was alone at not logging in so much, elite and platinum members got more thank you's than me. I feel a bit funny being rated a "Junior Member" why not use copper, brass,.iron and tin? Okay I am being silly but did not like that rating in the members either

Comment

mc555, if you joined in the chatter more and forwarded useful tips then the rest of us would be able to click 'thank you's' to you.
                          After I have posted a picture of something I have made, and one of the others gives me a compliment about my work, I try to make sure that I put a 'thank you' on that post. Or if someone makes a comment that totally chimes with a reply I would like to make, again I would add a 'thank you' to the post.
                          As for the member ratings that we are now being ascribed, as far as I can work out, it is purely worked out on how often you post a comment in the forum, and nothing else.
                          Please do join in the chatter, the numbers of regulars has felt rather depleted of late and it is always nice to have more view points, and people to chat to.

Comment

I think it's a shame that we seem to have lost so many members to Facebook ....I am not on Facebook and never will be.
                            I love reading all the posts but miss the input from Margo Limbania Lotti and others.
                            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by "sewengel" post=128336
                              I also agree the type of member, i.e. star, gold, silver, whatever should be kept private. I also log on a few days a week because the Forum is fine, but I really enjoyed the blogs, which I used to do frequently. I do believe we are getting used to the new site, but it still has issues. I will be attending a taping at the end of March and will address those issues then too.

Sharon in Warm, breaking a record this weekend, Colorado
                              The "Platinum, Gold, Silver..." description under the members avatar is not really related to membership status. It is a generic term that came with the software for this forum and may be related to how many posts people make. Since it isn't really relevant, I can suggest to the webmaster that it be removed.

Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X