[vb_main_1]

Lea McComas - Portrait class

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You rebel Ritzy :lol:

Your dog is amazing as well, you're going to have to tell us how you did his coat and the colours

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

On a closeup look I could see what you did. You did not use the tulle either did you? Your edge stitching is so perfect. Did you free motion it, or did you use a walking foot? I did not notice any gaps, so guess you overlapped the edges. It sure looks great. Thank you for sharing with us.

Comment

I did over-lap where I could; no walking foot, just slow and easy; no tulle.

Ah, the dog. After I did the dog, I had wished I had done the boy the same way but that would have defeated the purpose of trying to see if I could do the method. So, first I painted the dog on white fabric then I backed it with the same interfacing and thread painted it(trying to follow the picture so the hair would look realistic). After I did the thread painting, I turned the edges under, mounted it to the quilt and then added more thread painting along the edges so it looked like hair. The quilting on the dog actually turned out to be more thread painting. I really like how the dog looks. Will have to, someday, try doing a person the same way. When it was all done, I was really surprised to see how much thread was on it.

Comment

Wow Ritzy thanks for the explanation, can it take a class with you?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

To quote Ritzy, "After I did the dog, I had wished I had done the boy the same way." Just goes to show you why they say that you just have to make lots and lots of projects to get better at what you do. Each project does build on the next. When I am making something like the project Ritzy just did I often get to the point where I am surprisingly pleased with what I have done so far then I am afraid of taking the next step for fear of ruining those better than expected results. So I dawdle. This happens when I am emotionally attached to a project as Ritzy must have been because it was a picture of her grandson. I want my head to stop getting in the way of my creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
              d I often get to the point where I am surprisingly pleased with what I have done so far then I am afraid of taking the next step for fear of ruining those better than expected results.
              I know this feeling. It's why I don't think I'll ever "quilt for show"...that fear of 6 months into a project and then fear of screwing it up.
              When I have quilted for a contest, I make a sample of every step before stitching on the real quilt. I love the show quilters that admit to using the seam ripper frequently, and just not pointing out their mistakes. No one will ever know. :lol:

Comment

I learned from entering things in the local county fair that you never point out your "errors". My stitch ripper and I are close friends.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X