Lea McComas - Portrait class

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go, Ritzy!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thank you ops:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Ritzy,
        That's awesome! What talent! And you learned that just from the classroom?!
        I gotta pay more attention to the classrooms.

Comment

Ritzy, that is beautiful. Congratulations on your win!.

Comment

Way to go, Ritzy! Love it!!!

Comment

Good job, Ritzy!

Comment

Amazing work and congratulations.

How did you do the highlight in the eyes Ritzy it's a small area?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Well done, Ritzy

living in Central Denmark
                  Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I responded to this yesterday, but it is gone today!
                    Congratulations on your quilt Ritzy. It is great. What did you use in place of the Steam a Seam, or did you still have some of the old stuff. I am so anxious to get mine done, but I am too the point where I need to apply a fusible and don't know what to use that would hold it together best. I do have a couple different Heat and Bond, but if there is something better I would rather use it.
                    Thanks!

Comment

I used Heat and Bond light and had no problems.

Comment

Thanks Coni. I feel better using it now. Will work on it this evening.

Comment

Congratulations Ritzy - the background fabric worked out really well.

Comment

Congratulations, Ritzy. It's beautiful!

Comment

Well ladies, once again, I didn't follow all the steps in the class. I do not like raw edge--I have never, never been able to get a look I was completely happy with so(unless the piece is so small that I can't) I used a different method. I used a product called DecorBond. It is an interfacing that is fusible. I traced the pieces on the DecorBond, then cut on the line. I pressed it to my fabric and then cut the fabric with a seam allowance that was turned over the edges of the DecorBond. I used a glue stick to hold the edges turned in place. I used the hot iron to hold them in place. If the piece is sooooo small that I can't use this method I press WonderUnder to the fabric, cut it out and pray.

The eyes were painted on white fabric. The hardest part was the eyelashes(I chose to do the fusible and cut them out but I really wanted to paint them). I was afraid that I would ruin what I had done on the rest of the project and that is why I did them the way they were done. The grand that I did the quilt on said that his eyes are not that blue. He is correct but that was the color I had available. His eyes are very blue though. I did the dogs eyes the same way. Being a crafter, I don't hesitate to use things that I have learned in other crafts to add to or accomplish what I want in quilting.

Comment

Interesting method. I may have to try it sometime. Did you turn under all of the edges of each piece and butt them up together, or did you just turn under some edges and have overlap? If you butted the edges, did you have any trouble with gaps?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 79 users online. 0 members and 79 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X