[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Where are the blogs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good question, Marianne! Yes, I would prefer to use a thicker foot. I can purchase one through a different company; but, I need an adapter shank that has been back ordered from Bernina for a long time. I decided that I want to try the rulers. I sew slowly, carefully and so far, I haven't had an issue. I think I would have better results if I had better tools!

Comment

Originally posted by "quilting00" post=134607
      Good question, Marianne! Yes, I would prefer to use a thicker foot. I can purchase one through a different company; but, I need an adapter shank that has been back ordered from Bernina for a long time. I decided that I want to try the rulers. I sew slowly, carefully and so far, I haven't had an issue. I think I would have better results if I had better tools!
      The right tools for the right job is obviously desirable but sometimes they are not forthcoming so we have to be inventive and let's face it most quilters are very good at being creative
      Thanks for sharing
      Marianne

Comment

I finished my second wall hanging! You can read about it here.

Comment

Another great Christmas wall hanging Terry!
          How is your friend after having batting for elevenses? Can't imagine how a dog stomach can cope with that inch:
          IS that fake fur I see on your table? Brave woman!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you will get op to with that.

Thanks for sharing your work. Season's Greetings
          Marianne

Comment

Marianne, Thank for your your kind comment about my wall hanging. As for the batting, it passed! We didn't notice any difference in her behavior either! It isn't fake fur; but, rather corduroy! It is going to be a skirt. . .pieces are cut. . . .sewing to commence soon! Merry Christmas!

Comment

I finished three projects--two are not quilt related--and posted about it here.
              These were two of the fabrics I used:

Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

Terry,

Beautiful Christmas gifts! I know your grand daughters will love them. Obviously Jerome loved his! That is a good feeling isn't it?

Glad your knee surgery has gone so well.

I look forward to your 2016 adventures!

geneva
                Geneva

Comment

Geneva, It is a good feeling! i've been tickled watching him trace the pattern with his finger and feeling the raised embroidery of his name. It was a good project to make! Thank you for your comment!
                  Terry

Comment

Originally posted by "quilting00" post=134765
                    I finished three projects--two are not quilt related--and posted about it here.
                    These were two of the fabrics I used:
                    Merry Christmas!!!
                    Terry, love what you've done with the fabric. Isn't it great when you can make something from fabric you know they like and will enjoy. We still have a stack of knitwear tucked away my M-i-L knitted for my girls when they were young. They loved going to the wool shop with her and choose their favourite colour and feel the yarn. She was such a lovely grandma.
                    Marianne

Comment

Marianne,
                      Your MIL sounds a lot like my grandma. She was so patient and supportive of my early sewing attempts. She also fueled my desire when she baked, stitched and knitted me gifts. I suppose I'm recreating that relationship each time I sew with the grands. How wonderful your kids had a special grandma. She must be missed. My grandma died in June 2005. I still miss her.

Comment

Before we ring in the new year, I posted what I accomplished this year. It was more than I thought! You can read about it here.
                        This special stocking is part of the post:

Remember, I LOVE comments!

Happy New Year and thank you for visiting!

Comment

I've posted my goals for 2016 in my last blog post. You can read it here:

One project I want to get back to is this one:

Thanks for commenting and visiting!

Comment

Terry - all look terrific!
                            Barb

Comment

Thanks, Barb! This week, I've been working on getting unstuck. You can read about it here.

Comment

I've a new blog post about where I am with this project:

You can read about it here:
                                http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/01/block-of-month-updates.html

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X