[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

"Just for fun" postings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorchen, you are right. Weather is quilting related. No one goes outside in the summer as it is way too hot, so a lot of quilting gets done. Our winters here are in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. That is when the winter visitors (snow birds) flock to AZ away from their frigid temperatures. That is when the outdoor activities happen. But in the summer, everyone stays inside in the A/C and spends their days at the machine. Wanna know what it's like? You know when you first open the oven door and that rush of heat comes up in your face, ta da!!!!!!!! Judy in AZ

Comment

Judy, the way I always described it was that it was like stepping into a blast furnace. My AZ brother always gives me a hard time because I complain when it is in the 80's here. I hide out in my sewing room when it gets that warm :-)

Comment

Our pioneer foremothers made utility quilts to keep their families warm during the long, cold winters on the prairie. So weather is very much quilt related.

Maggie in E. Central Illinois

Comment

Judy, AC is something you only find in very, very few houses in the UK, hence handwork with a quilt on your knees on hot summer days.

Lorchen
          From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Summertime in Southern Nevada and AZ is like winters in the northern states, these are the months we stay inside. The best part of our side of this scenario is you don't have to shovel heat. :lol: Bobbi

Comment

Lorchen is that really an owl you are holding in your picture. Wow I have a lot of birds at my house but that is really unusual. He looks heavy. Cher Massachusetts

Comment

Cher, the bird is real (and so am I ). It's an European Eagle Owl, the largest owl you find in Europe, and - yes - he was very heavy. This bird has the most amazing orange eyes and the colours of his feathers are out of this world. I was told at the time that this guy, even though quite tame (when he likes somebody - I was lucky), is not fed, but is released at night and goes hunting for his own food, returning to the sanctuary in the morning. He lives in a fairly remote part of Scotland.

Lorchen

Comment

Guess we just let quilting be a part of our life and life a part of our quilting :wink:

The Daily blog and the menbers Blog is just that; Blogs. A place to let every one know what you want them to know, if they care to read it :lol:

The forum will never be better than us that uses it and sometimes we can be VERY disorganized. It can be hard to find back to something interesting because it usually is not posted under the subject natural.....like searching for some of my gadgets ops:

The strange thing is, you hardly find anyone in the chatroom!

I love the fact that I can be more than a quilter on here, I can be me. I have made wonderful friends and even found real special friends whom I will meet in Houston! I am even invited to visit a TQS-girl (Wanda) the weekend before Houston! Thats greate isnt it?

Comment

That is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
                      Cher, the bird is real (and so am I ). It's an European Eagle Owl, the largest owl you find in Europe, and - yes - he was very heavy. This bird has the most amazing orange eyes and the colours of his feathers are out of this world. I was told at the time that this guy, even though quite tame (when he likes somebody - I was lucky), is not fed, but is released at night and goes hunting for his own food, returning to the sanctuary in the morning. He lives in a fairly remote part of Scotland.

Lorchen
                      Wow very beautiful. I love all birds and he is just neat.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X