X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Just for fun" postings

You have too many "just for fun" postings that have nothing
    to do with quilting

in Vancouver, Canada

I disagree. I enjoy all those different subjects.

Anne in Vancouver, Canada

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

:shock:

Out of nearly 70 Just for Fun blogs over the last 90 days, about 12 don't truly touch quilting.

I love the creativity of others, the inspiration, visits to shows and people shown there.

I don't actually quilt 24/7, I also have a life and I like living it. :roll:

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

I'm with EditorAnne and Amoret. While quilting is a VERY important part of my life, it is NOT my life. I enjoy being introduced to (1) airport exhibits, (2) places around the world I will never get to visit, (3) quirky goings on all over and (4) any other miscellaneous stuff that someone else finds interesting.

Keep these postings coming.

And, people, don't forget - the inclusion of non-quilting-related items hasn't yet meant the exclusion of important quilting stuff.

Robin

Comment

For many of us, TQS is like our quilt guild. We have become good friends and have met in person in many places around the country. It is our love of quilting that gave us a common bond in the first place, but we truly care what is going on in each other's lives. When you read the Daily Blogs, you can decide which blogs you want to read and which you don't - that is part of what is so great about it. I never cease to be amazed at how many wonderful people are part of the web site and would love to meet everyone of them in person.

Comment

Sometimes I just want to kick back and read about a trip someone's taken or a new pet. If any of us suffer a loss, we know we can come here for compassion.
            There is so much more to this site and to life than just quilting. Relax and enjoy it-maybe one day you'll want to visit another part of the country or of the world.
            eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

We can all pick from the various forums the ones that we like and enjoy. I'm very glad that there is such a good choice.

Lorchen
              From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Can you imagine how dull our lives would be it we did and knew nothing about anything but quilts. Someone once said variety is the spice of life. Variety, sometimes it is "Just for Fun".
                peg in mo

Comment

Originally posted by pruittkl
                  You have too many "just for fun" postings that have nothing
                  to do with quilting
                  One of the nice things about TQS is that you do not have to read everything that is posted. If it does not interest you, why read it?

JoAnne in southern California

Comment

I need all the fun I can get these days.

Comment

This has absolutely nothing to do with quilting. It is going to be 115 very hot degrees this weekend in the Phoenix area. Aren't cha glad you don't live here? Judy in AZ

Comment

Judy, I wish you could send some of that heat this way. It's 64 degrees here in north east Ohio. Normal for this time of year is low 80's. If only we could even it out! Marge

Comment

But weather is quilting related. I have a really nice quilt that only needs the binding stitching down. I simply won't do it when it's hot and I would have the whole quilt across my knees for hours. Roll on autumn and winter.

Lorchen

Comment

Careful. You're wishing away your summer vacation. Enjoy your summer, Lorchen.

Comment

I am in cold cold cold Minnesota and need a little fun. The blogs that do not necessarily relate to quilting are something I can read or not but usually I enjoy them. I loved the glass exhibits that John posted last year and talk about quilting inspiration - those were great. The one this week with the balloon clothes was so cute and gave me a few new ideas - not sure where the ideas will go but who knows and when. guess I just plain love TQS and haven't found much they do bad. Ann - the perenial fan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X