[vb_main_1]

All the new Member Blogs - great

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the new Member Blogs - great

It is really wonderful to see and read all the new blogs by the people who have been blogging for a while but also all the new people doing blogs. Keep up the good work. I know from experience that it takes a little while (ok for technically challenged people like me - a long while) to get comfortable with the process but I think I have it down now and hope more of you will do your blogs It is fun to be able to do an entry and add the pictures rather than having to edit your profile every time you want to show a new picture.

So thanks to whoever came up with the idea for member blogs and to TQS for having the category. Lets have lots more people blogging. Its a lot of fun to do and to read others and I feel like I know many of you better through your blogs.

Ann (this is number one on my forum goal so lets see where else I go)

I agree Ann -- well said!

Comment

Ditto on the Blogs Anne, I really enjoy reading them and getting to know each person alittle better, It's great. I enjoy seeing what each person is into and I'm really inspired by all the great work shared through the blogs. I still can't figure out how to add the photos into the blogs! LOL! I'm not to computer literate,alot of trial and erra here. Thanks to all for blogging

Comment

Originally posted by Katzzz
        Ditto on the Blogs Anne, I really enjoy reading them and getting to know each person alittle better, It's great. I enjoy seeing what each person is into and I'm really inspired by all the great work shared through the blogs. I still can't figure out how to add the photos into the blogs! LOL! I'm not to computer literate,alot of trial and erra here. Thanks to all for blogging
        That is not really a user-friendly system, but maybe I can give some tips.
        Go to the MEMBER BLOGS page and click on ADD A BLOG.
        If you want people to be able to leave comments, be sure the first box is checked. (Allow comments?)
        Leave the next box (Visible?) unchecked until you are completely finished.
        Give your blog a TITLE. If you don't it will disappear into cyber-space! (Ask me how I know!!!)
        Add a video link next if you want to.
        Fill out the BLOG TEXT block, then hit SUBMIT.

The screen will kinda blink, but will look basically the same.
        Under the Blog Text box there is a pink warning box that says: "Submit your blog before uploading an image or you will loose it."
        Trust me....they mean it!
        Under that box there are some directions that I will state differently.
        1) Click on the "browse" button.
        2) Choose the first photo you want to post and click on OPEN at the bottom of the file box.
        3) Click UPLOAD and wait. (Watch the blue bar at the bottom left of your screen to see the progress. It may take some time depending on the size of the file)
        4) If you want to post more photos, browse, open and upload them one at a time.
        5) After they are all uploaded, go back up to the blog text box.
        Put your cursor where you want the first photo to be placed and click it.
        Next, click on the little tree icon at the top of the blog text box. (If you rest your cursor on it, it says "Insert/Edit Image")
        You will see a drop-down menu. Click on IMAGE LIST.
        You will now see a drop-down menu of the photos you uploaded and can choose to insert it as a large image or a small one.
        Highlight the one you want to insert and click INSERT.
        Do each photo the same way, one at a time.
        I always click on SUBMIT after each photo, but don't know if it's necessary.
        After you have added your photos, and checked your blog one last time, scroll back up to the top of the page and check the second box that will make your blog VISIBLE. Be sure that the date and time are current if you want it to show up right away.
        Click SUBMIT one last time, and you should be able to see your blog appear at the top of the MEMBER BLOGS page.

If anyone else has tips, please let us know!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo, you are truly a teacher. I have been puzzling all afternoon on how to explain how to add pictures since I just recently got it beat through my thick head. and here you are with a clear and concise explanation that would have taken me many more words and never been as clear. only tip I know that finally made the whole thing click in my head was YOU HAVE TO START AT YOUR DESTINATION AND WORK BACK TO YOUR SOURCE. as my daughter finally explained in a way that I got it the computer cant read your mind so start where you want the picture to be (your blog, your profile, a yahoo or other internet site etc. ) and then follow the directions to get back to your source. So for the rest of the computer dummies like me maybe that will help to think that way (backwards to me but so is going to start when I want to shut off the computer - go figure!!!!!)

Happy blogging everyone, Ann

Comment

Margo

Thank you so much for your directions, they are clear as can be and yes you are a great teacher.
            Though for it to sink into my little head I had to read it like three times, thats alot to sink in at one time, "Now my test will be to remember it all"! LOL!

Thank You,
            Hugzzz,Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by Katzzz
              Margo

Thank you so much for your directions, they are clear as can be and yes you are a great teacher.
              Though for it to sink into my little head I had to read it like three times, thats alot to sink in at one time, "Now my test will be to remember it all"! LOL!

Thank You,
              Hugzzz,Kathy
              You are quite welcome, ladies! Glad I could help.

If you don't have a printer to make a hard copy of the directions, just do a copy/paste and save it as a file in WORD. My mind is like a sieve, and can never remember things exactly like they are supposed to be, so I have to figure out ways to keep notes!

Comment

an alternative to copy/paste or printing would be to open a new window, so you have TQS in 2 places. CTRL N will open a new window exactly like the one you are on, history included. So when you've got this post opened with Margo's great instructions, hit CTRL N and it'll open again, then you can navigate to the blogs & do your stuff there! (I haven't taken the plunge yet, I'm afraid I'll get addicted to yet another thing that would keep me from my quilting!). This works also if you want to sit in a chat room & wait for someone to join you, or whatever.
                Florence

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                  an alternative to copy/paste or printing would be to open a new window, so you have TQS in 2 places. CTRL N will open a new window exactly like the one you are on, history included. So when you've got this post opened with Margo's great instructions, hit CTRL N and it'll open again, then you can navigate to the blogs & do your stuff there! (I haven't taken the plunge yet, I'm afraid I'll get addicted to yet another thing that would keep me from my quilting!). This works also if you want to sit in a chat room & wait for someone to join you, or whatever.
                  Florence
                  Thanks for the tip, Florence, but the CTRL N thing didn't work for me. However I did learn that I could hit the dash icon (top right of the screen) to put this screen away and open TQS again to the page I wanted, then recall this screen from the bottom left of the desktop. Man....does that sound convoluted, or what?? Anyway there's always a pencil and paper!! LOL!!!

Comment

Great directions, Margo. One addition thing that I have saw questions about is comments. After you post a blog and you have received email notificaton that someone has made a comment you need to click 'Approve Comments' button. You will see the comments and there is a check box beside each comment you need to check if you want to make the comments visiable. As you check the boxes the comment will post and drop off your list. Continue until you have checked all comments. Sandy

Comment

maybe it's an Internet Explorer or PC issue... I'm anything BUT a computer geek...

Comment

I'm new to blogging, but thanks to Bridget 473 I'm trying to join. Well, I have joined, but am curious as to where I go to post my photos of my blocks. I have posted them at my stie here on TQS, but where do I go to post them here? My stie address is Sewugley, notice the mispelling....I'll keep looking...Bridget, I've just about got the May block finished........love your technique......

Comment

Sewugley, Great BOMS. Is your background fabric Ricky Tims? I have been using that for one of my BOM'S, I am doing two versions. There is a section here in the forum area that is for the block of the month. We have been stateing there when we post our blocks on to our profile.

Comment

Originally posted by sewugley
                            I'm new to blogging, but thanks to Bridget 473 I'm trying to join. Well, I have joined, but am curious as to where I go to post my photos of my blocks. I have posted them at my stie here on TQS, but where do I go to post them here? My stie address is Sewugley, notice the mispelling....I'll keep looking...Bridget, I've just about got the May block finished........love your technique......
                            Margo has been very kind and keeps a running photo gallery of our posts - she gets them from our profile after we download them. It's fun to see all the different variations. Check it out at: http://community.webshots.com/user/t...host=community

Comment

Originally posted by sewugley
                              Hi Kris!
                              Glad you have you join us! I've already posted your blocks on my Webshots album and they look great!!! If you will just put a note on the forum topic "Block of the Month" we will be able to check your profile to see when you get them posted!
                              SEW LONG!
                              Margo

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X