[vb_main_1]

V6 embroidery software

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6 embroidery software

Hi Everyone, I need lots of help on this one. I have tried everything I know. I have V6 designer plus software. Really want to run it on my Macbood Pro. So I purchased Parallel and windows 8 to put on the computer. Tried installing and all was ok until the software install said to put in the dongle. Googled and found where to install the dongle driver and also the Sentinel driver but none of that helped. Does anyone have any experience with installing the software on a mac computer with parallels?

Thanks......

Sharon,
    I wanted to run Designer Plus and EQ7 on my Macbook Pro, so my son partitioned my Mac and installed Windows 7 and Parallels and put my Designer Plus and EQ7 on my Mac. I am not sure how he did it, but I can ask him this week.
    Afterward, I found that it took a considerable amount of time and inconvenience to switch from one operating system to the other just to use Designer Plus and EQ7. Also, when I wanted to update antivirus software, etc, I had to do it on one operating system, then close that system down and open the other operating system and run updates separately on that. There are better ways to spend one's time.
    Then thankfully EQ7 came out in a Mac version. I have updated to that.

He picked up a cheap, secondhand Windows-based laptop, installed Windows 7 on it just for Designer Plus. My Bernina dealer said this is what a lot of Designer Plus customers end up doing. Unfortunately, I understand there are really no plans to produce a Mac version of Designer Plus. I wish they would. There are a lot of Mac users out there.

Comment

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I can't run version 6 on my Windows 8 computer either. Fortunately, I inherited my husband's old Windows 7 computer which I am using just so I can continue to use my software. However, I refuse to pay $500 to upgrade to version 7 due to Bernina's lack of support. Next time around, I will try EQ's embroidery software.

Comment

Interesting. EQ as in Electric Quilt has embroidery software? I know there is another program out there that I used years ago called Embird. I am really frustrated with this. Computers become obsolete as soon as they leave the store. Nothing is made to be indestructible or invisible these days. And with Bernina everything is expensive! I do have it loaded on a windows 8 computer and it works, however is a computer that I absolutely do not like using. Thanks for the help. Guess I will keep using the computer I have until I can figure out something else to do. I too, am not going to upgrade just so I can use a different computer. Bernina should provide an alternate disc allowing those of us with the program to use on the newer computers. I just wish they would find a way to let us install it on the Macs.

Thank you for listening to my rant

Sharon

Comment

Electric Quilt has software called EQStitch. It is about $250. When I upgraded my Bernina software to version 6, I paid $300 and I would be willing to pay that again. But $500 is ridiculous! I love my Bernina machines and thought I would be a loyal customer forever, but... Anyway, it's okay if you rant, we all need to vent sometime

Comment

The Bernina Central Forum has a post on how to install the software on a Mac with Windows 7, but it might help for Windows 8, too:
            Bernina official support for software on MACs:

http://www.berninacentral.com/forum/index.php
            Bernina sent an email (2012) that says: "We are pleased to announce that we have added Technical Support for the installation of BERNINA Embroidery Software V6 on MAC Computers. See the details in the bulletin below."
            http://content.bernina.com/PDF/BERNINA-EmbSoftware6-Apple-InstallationGuide.pdf

Maybe this will help if you are having trouble with the software on Macs.

Comment

Well, I'm going to try one more time. After all, I figure I have thrown more money away on fabric that sat too long and I no longer liked it!! LOL So, my progress is this so far: I've purchased Windows 8 at a local box store. Installed it after loading Parallels. I opted for Parallels over Boot Kamp just because of it's ease. Parallels installed nicely. Then I loaded Windows 8. That loaded well also. So now I have both operating systems running on my MacBook Pro (whatever the latest one of those is). That failed miserably. I was able to get into the install of V6 until it came time to put in the dongle. I then proceeded to load the 'dongle driver' from the support page. That helped zero!! So, now I have once again decided to take another chance. I have a copy of Windows 7 coming. I will try one more time to load an operating system and see if that will work.

Gosh, what is wrong with me.......just a gluten for punishment!! haha

Sharon

Comment

Sharon,
                There is Nothing wrong with you. Bless your heart. I know what you are going through. I finally got a secondhand laptop just to run my Bernina V6 last year.

It might be a problem with the dongle. Can you have your dealer check that out?

Judith

Comment

Yahoo has a group regarding V6. You might be able to get the answers you need from that.

living in Central Denmark
                  Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I also found this info from Bernina about Software and Windows 8:

http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Support-5/Software-en/Windows®-8-and-BERNINA-Software-us/Windows®-8-and-BERNINA-Software-us

living in Central Denmark
                    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I am trying to see that date of that Bernina post. My Bernina dealer told me that Version 6 would run on Windows 8 but not Windows 8.1. I am just wondering if Bernina has now made the necessary updates.

Comment

Well that may explain some of my difficulties then if V6 won't play nice with windows 8.1. I do believe that is the version I purchased. No matter, I don't care for windows 8 (have them at work on some computers), so just received my Windows 7 from the mail carrier. Will try installing tonight. I'm working on the 2015 BOM right now so more excited about that quite frankly. But hope this does the trick when I do install. I'll post my success or failure!!

Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate it

Comment

Guess I'm off this weekend to Apple Store to see if they have an appointment for someone to load my windows for me! I'm pretty techie but managed to really foul up my MacBook last night. Guess I'm in a little over my head. Had to reload my entire operating system. Thank goodness for an old mac as a backup and the cloud!!!! Thanks everyone for your help. Still not sure either if my dongle is ok. Geez, I'll tell ya, the things we go through for our OCD's.

Comment

Sharon,
                            I sympathize with you. It will be okay. They can fix your Mac.
                            In the meantime, can you get your dealer to check out the dongle?

Judith

Comment

I'm going to try Judith. I don't have the greatest dealer (they are wonderful if buying machines) and my dongle is over a year old. So will see. What the heck, gives me something to do!! I just hate going in there, those machines just scream my name!!! LOL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X