[vb_main_1]

Yooohooooo Keith!!!! :) :) :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorchen

Also, several quilters who have known me for years walked straight past me without recognizing me. Hehehe......
    That would be me then. I've known Lorchen for the best part of 20 years ......

From Dorset, England

Comment

Shaking head.... Maybe you need glasses if you don't recognize me.
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Hooray for you Lorchen! I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago and that got me to look at my eating and weight. Cutting our the carbs was the answer and staying consistent goes up and down for me. But like you, I am determined.

Keep up the good work and may you have MANY more years to share with your family.

Michelle
        in Seattle, USA

Comment

It's funny, Michelle, how all bodies are different in the way they work. Mine seems to need some of the carbs, but I have to be mega-careful now with bread, cheeses and anything containing sugar or/and fat. I'm glad you worked out what you have to do. Once you have managed to do that you have won the battle. It'll still be tough but you can pull it back after an 'interesting' time. I have just been on holiday for nearly three weeks, and totally dependant on hotel and restaurant food. Yes, I have put on a bit, but it'll all be gone again by the end of the month. It has to be because the wedding of one of my best friends is coming up and I will simply enjoy the day, including all the naughty but nice stuff!

Comment

Lorchen,

I am soooooo proud of you! I know loosing wight is not easy! And, I'm sure there are certain foods that you really like but had to give up! But, you look great! And, I'm glad you are so much healthier! My SIL has a major weight problem, but after many failed attempts, she finally said, "I like food better than I like to be thin." I worry about her!

You go girl!

Dawn
            In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I hope you can support your SIL, Dawn. It's not about getting thin. It's all about getting (and then staying) healthy. I hope that your SIL find a reason to change her life style that is important enough for her so that she'll focus on it and get it done. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X