Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yooohooooo Keith!!!! :) :) :)

This message is especially for Keith!

But some of you may find it amusing.

When I mentioned that I had changed my eating habits completely and was loosing weight very nicely, Keith pointed out to me that the bowls he uses for 10 pin bowling weigh about 1 stone (14 pounds). At the time I had already lost a few of them.

It'll be 2 years in October that I started to sort out my serious weight problems, and I'm still working on it, much to the delight of my family and friends. It's tough but very rewarding.

My blood pressure is normal, cholesterol level is 3.9, blood sugar is normal, my breathing is a lot better, and walking up and down stairs is easy. I can also play with my two gorgeous little granddaughters without getting exhausted.

Last weekend my younger son treated the family to a day out (late birthday present for me), and it included bowling. I'm delighted to report that I did not disgrace myself, Keith! I asked my son to take a picture showing me with the 10 bowling balls I have lost so far. My weight used to be 25 stone and 1 pound, and it's now 15 stone and 1/2 pound (Girls, I have lost 8 sizes in knickers!!).

So, here is the new me with the bowling balls.

And this picture was taken just over 2 years ago at my son's wedding

I am determined that I will never carry those bowling balls around with me again!
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Lorchen, you look fabulous.

Comment

Congratulations Lorchen - You look fabulous!!

Barb

Comment

I had to be nosy and I'm happy I was. CONGRATULATIONS!! Do I translate that you have lost 140 pounds in 20 months? I have lost 23 pounds since March and it is not an easy thing to do. You Look wonderful and even better you are healthier!
        Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Wonderful accomplishment Lorchen! Hats off to you. You look amazing and the reward of being healthier has to be fantastic. Keep up the great work!!!
          Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

The new healthy you is amazing. It's hard to comprehend the bowling balls

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Lorchen,

Wow! Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment! you look awesome!

Lorna

Comment

wow!
                great for you !!

Comment

Wow Lorchen, what a wonderful graphic demonstration of your weight loss, just incredible. Looking at those 8 bowling balls makes it hard to fathom how one human being can physically carry so much weight around every day. It's a wonder you were able to move, never mind lift your granddaughter up in the air. I am so happy for you. You look incredible. I am hoping to see you at Birmingham Festival of Quilts - don't completely disappear before then! :lol:

Comment

Lorchen, you look fabulous in fact you look a lot less than 15 stone....keep up the good work.
                    You should be slimmer of the year.
                    Congratulations.
                    Anne

Comment

Wow, Lorchen, you look amazing!! What you have done is incredible and I know you can keep it up for the rest of your life. Enjoy your granddaughters!

Comment

Wow! Lochen, you are amazing and an inspiration!! Congratulations on all your efforts. They've been worth it. Big hugs, Robin

Comment

Amazing and amusing, Lorchen! Congratulations! I can't believe you've lost 10 bowling balls - I usually travel to tournaments with 6 or 7 and that's tricky to manage. 10 is amazing! Your numbers sound really good and I'm glad you feel better and are having more fun! You look so happy in your photo - I loved seeing this this morning!

Message me your address please, I owe you something.

I think I owe Rita something too - I have a to-do list that is a mile long...

-keith

Comment

Way to Go! What an accomplishment! You look great. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Lorchen ...your hard work and beautiful outcome are just plain awe-inspiring !! Good on ya !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 56 users online. 0 members and 56 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X