[vb_main_1]

Anyone want to join a 30 day blitz?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am in as well.

it seems the brain wash from the food industry about "light" or diet products are most effective to their bank account but not to our
    health!!! as well some activities will solve the problem is a big fat liy!!

since i started to eat one cup of yogurt or two a day 10% fat, i lost 15 kg!!!
    since i dont touch the light products, and i dont do any exercise as well!
    and dont go to the process food ailes* (spelling?) at all.

my way in the supermarket is - fruit and veg, yogurt, cash! out
    some times i deliberately buy a bag of chips!!! i eat it in a week, and still lose weight - of course if i will eat one bag every evening obsessively i will gain weight.

i must say, that the hypnoses system - to walk on the other aghile and think about disgusting things vanish the desire to eat those things!

thank you rosemary, good luck every body (including me )
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Becky, you have mentioned two of the biggest help when trying to eat more healthily: Go shopping with a list and stick to it, and don't have any food or drink in the house that you do not allow yourself to eat. For example, I always have passata in the fridge or cupboard, but not a single salad dressing or mayonnaise.

But I also think that we very much need an occasional treat (like your bag of crisps, Becky ). For me that's Single Malt and a small piece of Danish Blue cheese about once a month.

Comment

The main thing is finding out what our bodies actually need, not crave (because a food craving is most likely for something that is not healthy or good for you) but also to understand that when we break out we do it consciously rather than mindlessly - 'just the one, thank you', and then stopping after thoroughly enjoying it (and if you didn't enjoy it - well that was a waste wasn't it, go for something different next time, or don't bother)

Comment

about shopping list i dont have one.
          BUT
          i know that every few months i need to refill my beans and quinoa etc. some nuts.
          once in 6 months buy glass/rise/beans nudeles * spelling?
          once a year i refill my maple sirop, my agave, my palm sugar.
          once every 2-3 months some fish/meat.
          the rest every week fruits, veg, yogurt.

i do cook a lot of things from the above, learned to cook small portions! that was a biggy for me.
          because i live alone so when i cook big pot, then i eat not to throw away. - not good idea!
          i cook in a smaller pots now (good reason to renew my pots )

if i have some vegetables that looks very tired from life - i chuck them in the soup pan.
          and have a good one.

may be it is a good idea for you guys.

by the way, i do bake, put every thing in the big freezer (gluten free and sugar free)
          and then when people come over i can give them some thing good, without torching my self! - if i had a cake/cookies in the freezer
          it will disappear to my hips for sure in no time..., so i do it with no sugar/gluten.
          i dont have the curving to eat it all. - even they are VERY delicious and tasty!

Comment

I am still feeling a little concerned about the lack of carbs so I have found this alternative diet plan which looks interesting to me. I will have a look at the Harcomb plan as it comes in daily and if I like it I will do it but I do like the idea of this one so I may switch. Having been vegetarian for over 30 years I am well used to cooking alternatives and using a lot more vegetables than most people do. I always have a stock of quorn in the freezer so it's easy peasy to do either diet. It's just having the willpower to stop eating sweeties and in particular ice-creams these days.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/the-fast-diet-quickly/

Comment

rita dear,
              few countries do not have the same sugar as we do have, and they are much more healthy then we are!

if you stop eating processed sugar - you realize that your body at the beginning protests, but then it get use to
              and then you can eat the healthy sugars as fruits, and beans etc.
              so your carving will get less and less.

good luck dear.

Comment

I hear you about the ice cream, Rita. Especially in the hot weather. Mine is lactose free. Or I cheat and go to an awesome little Gelato place near here. Those Italians really know how to make ice cream!

I have so many meds and health issues, that following a plan is practically impossible. I do have a thing for sweets, which is something I can control. I have to limit big time the whole grains and veggies and legumes and fresh fruits, so the best thing I can do is watch my portions and try to walk more.

Comment

few days ago i did follow some ice creams from you tube with out sugar and no milk they are really good!!!

Comment

I guess if we can have virtual parties and BBQ's , then we can enjoy virtual ice cream. :wink:

Comment

Rosemary, how did you get on with your 30-Day Blitz?? I fully intended to really look into it, and even give it a try, but you wouldn't believe how busy I have been.

I also forgot to answer your email and say: 'You are wonderful! Thank you for the offer, but Kerri has one of those!'

I continue to follow the same healthy eating (and drinking) rules, and it works for me. In almost a year I have had three weeks when I put on 1/2 pound or a pound. All other weeks have been losses. One year is up on the 11th of September. I have two more pounds to shift to get to an 8 stone loss. I'm determined to do that before the 11th.

The holidays are always a lot more difficult for me because I don't have a fixed daily routine that helps with keeping things under control. I have a pair of my old pyjamas bottoms here, and you can quite easily fit in me and another person into them. And now I better go and get some sleep.......

Comment

och, i was in Birmingham quilt festival this year, ....was little disappointed about what was to find to eat!
                        on one point, in the quilt show, went to have some lunch, saw all pasta's ect. and one dish was with greens, i have asked if i can have that one, the guy told me that is only garnish for the pasta....

bless you guys in the UK, your country is SO expensive! every body complain about Europe.

any way, needless to say that i gained 2 kg when i was in the UK, after one day cant find any thing that follow my diet, i decided to go "normal" when i arrived i was shocked to find out that i gained those 2 kg, but now i am working on it again to lose...30 more )

have a great delicious day every body!

NB Lorchen your chees quilt is beautiful, i saw it!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 80 users online. 0 members and 80 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X