[vb_main_1]

Anyone want to join a 30 day blitz?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to join a 30 day blitz?

Getting bored of being at 9 st 10lb for the last few months, I've signed up for a 30 day blitz with the Harcombe gang - anybody else want to join in with me and kick my ass when it needs it? it is free.

June 17th, 2013
    The Harcombe Diet
    30 Day Blitz
    Eat Naturally, Move Naturally

Dear Rosy,

Unique 30 Day Program - And it's Completely Free

Imagine yourself in just 30 days time feeling healthier than you can ever remember being.

Imagine that you’ve successfully and easily lost up to 20 pounds in weight.

Imagine that some health conditions, which have been troubling you for years have eased or even completely disappeared.

Imagine gaining all these health benefits without having to spend one minute down the gym or eating any tasteless and nutritionally void low-fat foods.

Imagine no more

This July, 2013, we’re running a unique program to help you lose weight and gain health.

And it's completely FREE to anyone who wants to participate.

Just sign up here http://theharcombedietclub.com/30dayblitz/ to get your complimentary workbook and to register yourself for our 30 Day Blitz course. Starting July 1st, you'll receive an email a day with diet, health and activity tips to get you in great shape for the rest of your life.

If you think a friend could benefit from this program, feel free to forward this email to them. Even better, why not buddy up with someone to make it even more fun!? The more the merrier!

All the very best,

Zoë, Andy & Olly

http://www.zoeharcombe.com
    http://www.theharcombedietclub.com
    http://www.instinctive-fitness.com

Copyright © 2013 Zoe Harcombe

Email: mailto:clubadmin@theharcombedietclub.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Harcombe Diet Company Ltd
    P.O. Box 73
    Caldicot, Wales NP26 3WD
    UK
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Mmmmhhh......... Very interesting, Rosemary. I wonder how that would fit in with the 'rules' that I already follow. Will it help or confuse?? What do you think?

For everybody else: Go and give it a go. I would be fun to keep Rosemary on the straight and narrow during July.

Comment

I'm in! :lol:

Comment

I have signed up too Rosemary. I'll kick your butt if you will kick mine! :lol:

Lorchen you have a method that is working really well for you so my suggestions is - IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          I have signed up too Rosemary. I'll kick your butt if you will kick mine! :lol:

Lorchen you have a method that is working really well for you so my suggestions is - IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!
          Glad to have your company Rita & Lotti.

Lorchan - nothing to stop you from having a look at the info to see how it fits in with what you are doing currently.

Yesterday, at EG meeting, I had the most glorious fairy (cup) cake - moist chocolate with cherry jam in the middle and chocolate ganache & a fresh cherry on top. And what was really good was after some adding up we all concluded that it included 3 of our five-a day fruit & veg....

No 1 : chocolate comes from a bean & therefore is a vegetable :wink: ,
          No 2 cherries - frexh & in the jam,
          No 3 (a surprise ingredient) butternut squash :shock:

They were gooooood! drool! and worth staying the same weight for this weekend.

Comment

Rosemary, I have just looked through the shopping list and there don't seem to be any grains at all. Where does one get enough carbs or is this a carb free diet. I know that there are a small amount of carbs in most foods, but is it enough?

Comment

I've just had a double check, and yes this does seem to be a grains free session - I hadn't picked that up initially because of already 'Harcombe-ing' I don't tend to have bread or biscuits in the house anyway, although it is permissible to have brown rice & whole grains provided they are not mixed with meat/fats, and you keep 3-4 hours between the 2 types of foods. If you are given a choice between eating the ham & butter or the bread from a sandwich, the ham & butter will fill you up much more & for longer than the bread and is tastier.

Carbs causes the body to release insulin. One of the jobs insulin does (besides sorting out the blood sugar spike caused by the carbs) is to collect up any fats in the gut & put it into the 'long term storage locker', whereas, if you don't have any carbs with the fats, the body doesn't release insulin and therefore just uses the fats for the 'immediate use locker'. So the main aim is to keep the body's insulin away from the fats by waiting 3-4 hours.

Just spotted a spelling error in the download = 'Poultry and Foul' :lol: :lol:

Comment

A fowl error! :lol: Okay that's good to know. I think I will stick with my organic porridge for breakfast and be happy that I might not lose as much weight.

Comment

i am stuck as well for over then 2 months i am still on the same weight. sad!!
                  i will look at the links.
                  any way rosemary you gave me a kick to start on 1st july to eat more veg.
                  i too eat no gluten and no sugar, i will never change.
                  love it. and lost until now 15 kg! with non function thyroid!! and hormones problems
                  and other issues that just work against losing weight.

good luck every one!!

Comment

A fowl error! :lol: Okay that's good to know. I think I will stick with my organic porridge for breakfast and be happy that I might not lose as much weight.
                    Just remember that you cannot have it with milk....

Comment

I scanned the recipes in the workbook quickly and they look yummy! I'll give it a try, but July won't be a great month to do this. My daughter and her family are coming out for 2 weeks and we'll be traveling a lot. I'll at least try to make healthier choices from the menus.

Comment

I'll register in a few days time and have a look at it..... I'm just curious. Separating carbs and fat has been around for a long time. I guess I do it quite a lot these days naturally because I avoid fat whenever I can, but without stressing out over it. My carbs are mainly rice and pasta. I'm surprised that I normally manage without bread, even though I love the taste of it. I guess it's a special treat now.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                          Just remember that you cannot have it with milk....
                          How about almond milk?

Comment

The main push of the Harcombe way of eating is to eat food that is as close to it's natural state before you do anything to it. As an example - oranges come from trees (good) orange juice coming from cartons (not good). So any of the almond/rice/oat/soya milks which have been factory processed are definitely in the not good category. Possiby the least bad option is fully skimmed milk (with all the fat taken out).

In the original set up (as opposed to this 30 day blitz, which is a new way of delivering this information) we spent the first five days totally dairy free (with the one exception of natural live youghurt) in case one of the food intolerances is lactose based, and then you gradually added things back in one at a time to see if they have any affect on you. Dairy is a main culprit, but some people can manage some aspects of dairy but not others ie DH can eat cheeses, but not drink tea with milk as this will make him stall losing weight. Another major culprit can be wheat, and if you stop and think how much what can be in our diets it can be scary - just consider cereal or museli for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, followed by pasta for tea, that would be a wheat, followed by wheat, followed by more wheat, probably with several more wheat based snacks in between (biscuits/cakes), not really much variety of food stuffs there....

Comment

Almond milk is fine according to 'Slimming World' advice, Rosemary. It's actually better than semi-skimmed milk. I guess most of the basic advice will be similar for the different systems, just the 'fine-tuning' differs a lot.

One of the most important aspects for me has been the weekly support of a group. Being weighed just once and week and chatting to others helps a lot. The support of others gets you back on the straight and narrow when you are in danger of falling off the waggon, and not using scales at home every day stops me from becoming obsessive.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X