[vb_main_1]

Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Started

So true..... we have some very clever quilters out there in quiltland who don't own shops and never submit their quilts to shows. So you might be one of these and she is worried about you. All I know is that I'm looking forward to my partners quilt (who is much younger than me (so there is another worry)). To go up on my wall, so that every time I see it, it will remind me that somebody else is sitting in front of a sewing machine or worrying about colour choices.

Join the Conversation! We are looking for Quilters from Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, North Dakota, Rhode Island and West Virginia to join the IMQE so all of the United States are represented in the exchange. Spread the word around the world!

Comment

This is such a wonderful concept! I'm really looking forward to participating with my partner from the UK as we develop our minis for this Exchange. Thanks!

Comment

I'm glad to see a spot on the forum for discussion.

Thanks! geneva
        Geneva

Comment

Do we have any guidelines four
          miniature art quilts
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
          Tired. 
          Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
          Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Thanks for the forum thread. Much easier to chat and follow!

I'm so thankful for this exchange. My partner is a new lifelong friend and the match was a Divine appointment! Thanks Wendy!!

Jules~
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
            Tired. 
            Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
            Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Thanks for starting this Forum thread! I'm not chatty right now......just wanted to post, in order to receive alerts that others are posting/chatting.

Dawn

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread!

Barb

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

and me

Comment

You can find the guidelines here: https://thequiltshow.com/community/member-groups/viewbulletins?groupid=100034

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread...
                      :silly: :woohoo: :silly:

Comment

Hello Everyone! Any tips from past participants, or out of the box thinking on ideas for us 1st timers?

Comment

I'm looking out at a amazing sunrise here in Australia. What colours....... maybe this could be my inspiration for my miniature quilt.
                          Lorraine

Comment

Sounds heavenly.

swallace just have fun with the swap. I've done a few on here and it's lovely to receive something someone has made for you. I hope that when the reveal happens in a year or two we'll be able to post them here as well as wherever the organisers show them. Do what you enjoy then it'll turn out great.

Comment

Wendy, there are four old threads under this topic. They don't seem to have anything to do with this exchange, and I get 'Access Denied'. Why are they here??

I'm in rural Nottinghamshire (East Midlands of England, North-East of Nottingham) and my partner is in New Mexico, in Alberqueque (I'll have to learn how to spell that).

Anybody know of any good resources about miniature quilts? I may need help (lots of it) when we really get going.
                              From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X