[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Stick vacuum cleaners

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only was it a great :idea: , Michelle, but I just tried a batting scrap on my Swifter and it picked even more than the disposable Swifter pad would, including small fabric scraps. I've decided to cut up a few scraps of batting for this purpose because I can throw them in the washer and reuse them. This is priceless--actually, you should make royalties off of this idea, it's so good! :lol:

Comment

I love you people. Always so many good ideas. I will remember this one. When Renata says it's better than the original, I believe it and reusing is my cup of tea

living in Central Denmark
      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Well I did it! Ibought a Torino CORDED stick vacuum cleaner and I love it.
        I have Laminate wood floors and I find it so much easier to use the Torino than lugging my heavy Miela around, especially in my sewing room.
        It can also be used as a hand held and has a nozzle that you can attach to get into the corners.
        I don't think it is strong enough for carpets but I did try it on the rug in my dining room and was amazed at how much dust and fluff ended up in the cylinder which is easy to empty, it is also very light and you can lift it with one finger.
        How long it will last, I don't know but at the moment I love it.
        Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
          Not only was it a great :idea: , Michelle, but I just tried a batting scrap on my Swifter and it picked even more than the disposable Swifter pad would, including small fabric scraps. I've decided to cut up a few scraps of batting for this purpose because I can throw them in the washer and reuse them. This is priceless--actually, you should make royalties off of this idea, it's so good! :lol:
          I make Swiffer replacement thingies from fleece. I have some fleece blanket left from when I had a dog and I am recycling those. I have made myself a little template and sew together several layers with a piece of Vilene on top for the prongs to fit into (otherwise the thingies fly off with my vigorous and fast dusting method :twisted: ); I then cut the sides using a wavy blade on my rotary cutter so it can flutter. Works great although maybe cotton would pick up more dust. I tried using flannel but that was a waste of time, left lint behind after picking up dust! How does the batting/wadding stand up to washing when it's not between fabric?
          Marianne

Comment

Anne your stick vacuum looks great. I am glad that it is working well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marianne-is-sewing
              I make Swiffer replacement thingies from fleece. I have some fleece blanket left from when I had a dog and I am recycling those. I have made myself a little template and sew together several layers with a piece of Vilene on top for the prongs to fit into (otherwise the thingies fly off with my vigorous and fast dusting method :twisted: ); I then cut the sides using a wavy blade on my rotary cutter so it can flutter. Works great although maybe cotton would pick up more dust. I tried using flannel but that was a waste of time, left lint behind after picking up dust! How does the batting/wadding stand up to washing when it's not between fabric? Marianne
              Marianne, I don't know yet. I just made a Swifter replacement out of batting when Michelle mentioned it in her post and tried it but did not wash it. I would have to assume it should work out okay since some people pre-wash batting, but I could not tell you for sure. Perhaps Michelle knows?

Anne, your Torino looks great--I don't think it is marketed in the United States yet... too bad for those folks looking for a stick vacuum cleaner--I saw several reviews on the Torino and it sound like a great tool.

Comment

Congratulations Anne! Isn't it funny how happy new tools can make us? I just bought myself a Shark floor steam cleaner and am all excited to clean my floor!?
                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:
                  (I've got a kitchen floor you can practise on :wink: )

Comment

:lol: Be right over! Actually I got to thinking about that new grandbaby coming and sending her home with dirty knees on her clothes from crawling on my floors. Not a big deal with my own kids! No one else needed to know. :wink:

Comment

Just make her a floor polishing outfit to wear whilst she is visiting and take it off before she goes home :wink:

Comment

Ooo I like it! Here I am plotting to put the sweet little thing to work before she's even born ops:

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X