[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

CW challenge for anyone. Guide on 1st post

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Pam, my birthday was New years eve. I don't like having a birthday near Christmas, mind you my husband my mum, brother and two neices all had birthdays near Christmas.
    I keep saying I am going to have a summer official birthday like the Queen does :lol: :lol: only trouble is there are loads of birthdays in summer. :lol: :lol:

Comment

Geneva, Your portrait is wonderful. Love it.

As for my selfie, Geneva recognized the thimble, Marilyn saw I had too many fingers and Rita recognized the Bonnie Hunter mystery patches. But surely, someone recognizes still more symbols contributing to my current state of dizziness. Who can identify them?

Comment

Hi all. What great selfies you have made. Each and everyone of them make me smile. Happy Birthday, Maureen and Happy New Year to all of my friends here.

living in Central Denmark
        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

A very happy birthday to you, Maureen! Glad to see you had a wonderful time both with family and TQS friends. What fun selfies you posted--so inspiring, so joyful. Well done! Happy New Year to all!

Comment

It was just the thimble and fingers missed Lois. Clever quilt, made me smile. Where does the blue hair come from?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Well I am looking at the look of surprise on your face Lois, along with the quilt blocks and possibly the miscellaneous block which could be children's building blocks--are you going to be a grandma for the 11th time? Otherwise, I don't have a guess.

Comment

Clever Ritzy, congratulations Lois :cheer:

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday Maureen.
                  My sons birthday is January 4th he also hated it so he had his cards on that day and chose a day later in the year for has presents.
                  This birthday he will be 49 and as he lives in Australia he won't be getting any present.....postage too expensive.
                  Happy new year
                  Anne

Comment

Maureen, a very happy belated birthday to you and a happy and healthy New Year. My daughter Kaye also wishes her birthday was at a different time of the year, she says that everyone is too busy with 'the bells' (Hogmanay) to celebrate her birthday. Another reason; and probably the main one; why she is upset on her birthday is, that my Mum (her Grandma) made a big fuss of Kaye on her birthday, but sadly my Mum passed away on a new years eve so it's somewhat bittersweet for her. I didn't know about the CW challenge, to be honest I don't really know what a CW challenge is :blush: :whistle: so it's no good pretending... as I always seem to be about 1 to 2 months behind everyone else.
                    Best Wishes Pam

Comment

Originally posted by "ritzy" post=125475
                      Well I am looking at the look of surprise on your face Lois, along with the quilt blocks and possibly the miscellaneous block which could be children's building blocks--are you going to be a grandma for the 11th time? Otherwise, I don't have a guess.
                      Ritz, No, I am not being Grandma again, but you are warm. Look of surprise? Sort of. Hands saying "enough already!". Look at the blocks. They are anything but children's building blocks!. Check 'em out. Blue hair? I like blue and it went with the Bonnie Hunter patches.

Comment

Since I'm an original CW, I'm gonna stray a bit and show a quilty done for me in 2002. It was a
                        gift from my guild when I finished a stint as Pres. The woman who made it said it reflected
                        my personality to her. Her interest leaned to the folk art and she was a bit of a minimalist as well.
                        I appreciated it but I really loved the label on the back ! I included an"apple of the day" thought in each
                        monthly newsletter and she put them here ! They aren't original and you may recognize some of them...
                        Meant something to me....She moved away later and today no one is in touch but she could be out there
                        in TQS land. So Darline....love you and think of you often and Thanks !!

Comment

What a treasure! Thanks for sharing that. I love it!

Comment

Marilyn, the quilt looks like someone reaching out and offering a big hug. Sew wonderful.

Kathy

Comment

That's wonderful, Marilyn! I hope she's out there, sees it and reconnects.

Comment

Oh Marilyn that is lovely
                                Pam

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X