[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your quilt is looking gorgeous Renata! The grey with print flowers fabric, looks great in it, the little flowers add sparkle to it. Most definitely a modern/contemporary look. Can't wait to see it finished

Comment

I love it Renata! Definitley a modern twist to it - can't wait to see it quilted.....must get to mine again one day (?)

Comment

The quilt is great. Loved hearing how it will be used. The story of the grey fabric is one we have all probably lived through. Good to know I am not the only one!

Comment

Thank you, Limbania, Robyn and Lois! Hope there will be a few more modern quilts posted from this exchange.

Comment

Just saw Tenata's quilt....and my strips!! How great to see that, indeed, I contributed to another members fantastic work! Great sense of creativity Renata!

Comment

i love it renata!

Comment

Thank you, Noreen and Becky!

Comment

Well here is my top so far......
                  Because of a few miss cuts and worrying about running out of b/ground fabric I used a hst rather than a qst in the left hand border where the reels change direction and it stretched abominably - hence the fold in the bottom. The outer border came off and I told it what was going to happen!
                  It was pinned to death (a couture method of easing) and then a good blast of steam. I took out just under 1" of stretch. I used more pins in this section than I did for the rest of the entire construction :shock:

DH's observation is that 'You've got a big hole in it' :roll: well that is for the lace tablecloth & coffee mugs, which I am now planning on sewing on after the quilting. I was thinking of making a tablecloth, but then thought I've got lots of small old house linen bits been given to me from the grandma's, that would be easier than making new & put them to use. Hence the reported brainstorm & sewing room bomb-blast the other day.

So now I need to work out which blanket it will fit onto, make a back for it, and try to find enough space to get it basted ready for quilting, ho-hum!

Comment

Wow Rosemary! I think your quilt is going to be really interesting. It looks great so far. I like the colour placements And that pinning is a masterpiece in itself. I don't know if Sharon Shambers method for squaring a block would help - just in case all that pinning hasn't worked... although I can't see how it wouldn't.. you have been very strict with it! :lol: I can't wait to see it finished now.

Comment

Since it measures approx 63" without the plain borders on, I just don't have a large enough space or piece of wood to pin it to, to stretch it out a la Sharon S.

By the way, I had a lot of 'arguments' between 'you' and 'Riverowl' as to who as going to have the seam allowance over them on the outer border reels :roll: but it is all sorted now

Comment

Nice job Rosemary. Looks great. I also like the color placement. I really like the shape of the top and bottom of your spools better than mine (mine are pointed on the ends) however I have 41 spools stitched together and they aren't getting changed. Anxious to see your completed quilt.
                        Lori

Comment

Wow, Rosemary, great quilt so far, very original and you really know how to tame the beast in the sewing room--we know who's in charge! Teasing aside, you really have unbelievable comfort in what you do, find a solution for any problem, and are very creative in gettng things to work, drawing from you experience in both tailoring and embroidery. Good on you! You are fearless!

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                            By the way, I had a lot of 'arguments' between 'you' and 'Riverowl' as to who as going to have the seam allowance over them on the outer border reels :roll: but it is all sorted now
                            :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by LoriReid
                              Nice job Rosemary. Looks great. I also like the color placement. I really like the shape of the top and bottom of your spools better than mine (mine are pointed on the ends) however I have 41 spools stitched together and they aren't getting changed. Anxious to see your completed quilt.
                              Lori
                              The colour layout of the centre section is curtsey of Izzy, and was much better than mine :roll: the borders just followed her lead.

Just had to include a chaos butterfly though :wink:

Comment

It is going to be a great quilt Rosemary, very original. The colour placement is very good. I too prefer the tops of your spools mine are pointed. How did you do it?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 77 users online. 0 members and 77 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X