[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowladyns
    Go for it Maureen my birthday is in Feb and of course nobody can travel at that time of year so my sisters gave me a birthay party in July last year, I was able to have all three sons in the same place at the same time, photo to prove it. The two that live away were home this past season one at Christmas and one at New Years so they were not here at the same time. July was wonderful it went on for three days. Joan
    I like that

Comment

Originally posted by kfstitcher
      Joan, in recent years I've realized that I really planned my birthday of December 23 so well because I can be pretty sure all my kids will be there to celebrate with! Pretty smart for a newborn eh?
      :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        Karen that was pretty smart of you. You are definitely on the better side of Christmas in terms of birthdays. And Maureen I agree about having an official birthday. I announced to my family last year that I didn't want to celebrate my birthday on the 29th any more and that I would be happy to celebrate on 29th June instead. But they all ignored me! No surprises there. :lol:
        Rita, I thought of June as well but I have my sister, my granddaughter, my daughter and two grandsons :roll: :roll: :roll: all in June/July so I will have to think of another warm month

Comment

Originally posted by kfstitcher
          Joan, in recent years I've realized that I really planned my birthday of December 23 so well because I can be pretty sure all my kids will be there to celebrate with! Pretty smart for a newborn eh?
          Karen-- My birthday is December 27th and when I was a kid all of the extended family was around for the holidays, so my birthday was always really special. Our anniversary is the 21st, so my husband jokes that he only has to remember the important dates for a week and he has a pretty significant prompt with Christmas! Happy belated birthday to you!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Happy birthdays for both of us and lucky husbands! We joke about him not having to shop more than once a year to take care of Christmas and my birthday but you REALLY made it easy for your husband by throwing in the anniversary too!
            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Happy belated birthday to all December ladies. My DS was due on Christmas Day 4 years ago but he decided to show up 2 days early on Dec. 22. Smart kid! He wanted to make sure he would get presents on his bd and Christmas too! We have thought about celebrating his half-year bd (my SL does that for her son that was born Dec. 27), but we'll probably do that when he gets older. Now, when it comes to remembering birthdays, at home I just have to keep track of the month since DH is Feb. 22, DD is May 22, and DS is Dec 22, I'm the "odd" one from June 14 :roll:
              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Oh how practical!
                Quilters are the greatest organizers!

Comment

I had my first child on my own birthday, so that he would always remember MINE! :wink: :lol:

Not only that, but it is on a National holiday, so he always got to have a day off from school on his birthday.

Yep...great organizers!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Amazing hearing how well organized we all are - and how many birthdays in December! My 3 children were all born in the one week - the first week of August (obviously not in the same year!). It's an expensive week, and was very tiring when they were all young but not so bad nowadays.

Comment

Margo, one of my son's birthdays is our National holiday, so he is off school, plus there are always fireworks for him! Of 4 sons, their birthdays all fall on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the month. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                        Amazing hearing how well organized we all are - and how many birthdays in December! My 3 children were all born in the one week - the first week of August (obviously not in the same year!). It's an expensive week, and was very tiring when they were all young but not so bad nowadays.
                        I guess it starts getting cold in Ireland in November... :twisted:

Nancy

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Funny, Nancy... the same thought crossed my mind tool... as I'm working on my Wot RoTT quilt... finally! :lol:

Comment

My parents got married on my mother's birthday. My oldest brother was born on their 1st anniversary. My father, being a math teacher, used to love to tell that he attributed that to his mathematical ability. It's fun to remember that story and share it with all of you. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

My anniversary is on Jan 1st. We figured all those years ago that it was a great idea! We would have a New Years Party every year (like we did at the wedding - we had the reception starting at 8pm, then stopped for the ceremony at midnight, then more party and breakfast til the wee hours!) and it would always be an easy day to remember (which it is) and it would always be a holiday so we didn't have to work on our anniversary.

Well, what we didn't plan on was that as we got older and older, not only would we not want to host a New Years eve party every year, and we also wouldn't want to go out driving to be somewhere else on New Years Eve and deal with all the crazies out there, but the real kicker was that we didn't realize that we would actually have trouble staying up until midnight to celebrate!!

But at least we do remember the date!! LOL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 328 users online. 0 members and 328 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X