[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kathy, wow, your quilt is terrific. Really, really love it.

Comment

Kathy, you've just done it again. I love how your blocks float

living in Central Denmark
      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Kathy, what a great design, so original and beautiful in its simplicity--really makes the blocks stand out. Great job!

Comment

WOW!! Kathy you quilt is fabulous!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I think that all the good superlatives have already been used, I love how different your quilt has come out from the original idea, positively a 'modern quilt look' going on there - there is no escape we definitely want that one in the book :wink:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Kathy,
              Awesome quilt Love the design
              Lori

Comment

Kathy, love your quilt!

Lorna

Comment

Kathy, ditto all the above. A completely different design from anything we have seen before. Great job!!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

I've got some reels!
                    and starting to play with layout....
                    that's half of what I need to make, but I need to ge back to the drawing board to work out the maths for my layout changes, particularly for the border, before I start slicing some of them narrower, which I think I still will do, but not necessarily all of them.... decisions, decisions :roll:

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

That is so cool, Rosemary! Love what you did!!!

Comment

Looking great Rosemary. Good luck with the layout. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Comment

Wow! Such creativity brewing here in the last few weeks!! LOVE IT!!

Kathy, I am smitten by your modern take on the reels. And I see mine there! First one on the top left row - turquoise!!

Rosemary, your reels are looking so pretty, all marching in their rows. Can't wait to see the border!

My reels are still marinating... maybe after Xmas they will get a chance to come out and play...

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                            I think that all the good superlatives have already been used, I love how different your quilt has come out from the original idea, positively a 'modern quilt look' going on there - there is no escape we definitely want that one in the book :wink:
                            Cool, rosemary! I have to quilt it yet..... Seems like we're all letting the ideas stew for a while, so no hurry, right?
                            I see that you are making reels of thread a la the original idea. Do you have a layout in mind yet?
                            Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by heartnsoulquilts
                              Wow! Such creativity brewing here in the last few weeks!! LOVE IT!!

Kathy, I am smitten by your modern take on the reels. And I see mine there! First one on the top left row - turquoise!!

Rosemary, your reels are looking so pretty, all marching in their rows. Can't wait to see the border!

My reels are still marinating... maybe after Xmas they will get a chance to come out and play...
                              Michelle, so glad you could recognize your block, i led off with a bang! I love turquoise so that must have been the first one my
                              eye hit on.

It's fun using a block that invites so many approaches to it. I must have 30 different designs in electric quilt, trying lots of things out.

Good thing that when fabric marinates, it doesn't go bad

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
                                Originally posted by PosyP
                                Cool, rosemary! I have to quilt it yet..... Seems like we're all letting the ideas stew for a while, so no hurry, right?
                                I see that you are making reels of thread a la the original idea. Do you have a layout in mind yet?
                                Kathy
                                Well, I've lost the points off the ends of my reels, and I am thinking of changing the layout of the the centre reels from the original plan to something similar to the second picture. And there is the coffee cup & chaos butterfly to add in as well :wink: Also now I have some reels made up I am wondering about changing the border a bit, but it needs plotting out on paper to check sizes etc..

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 163 users online. 0 members and 163 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X