[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on the new grandson, Bren. Enjoy your visit.

Roseanne, "Reels & Receipts" is perfect in my mind for the recipe book...thank you for taking on this project and I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. My reels are marinating with the HST's right now. I had an idea to use both in the tree of life pattern but not sure how to go about it...we'll see what they all have to say when I open the tin this fall.

So enjoyed this exchange and getting to know each of you even if just a little bit. Thanks, ladies.

Comment

Yay - my reels arrived today. Will put them all out and take a photo tomorrow. It was so great to see so many familiar names - my kids were so excited to see one from Lotti - they remember her as the lady who likes Scamp's photo
      I'm also loving the photos everone is posting of their reels - it's so exciting to see where some of mine have ended up
      Thanks to Rosemary for the extra label which I will certainly pass on to Toni - she could make a quilt just out of her own reels which all came back to her!

Comment

I have been off the computer for awhile. So good to be back on it.

I just checked the tracking on my reels and it says they are out for delivery. They should be waiting for me when I get home!!! Can't wait to see them.

Comment

WHOO-HOO!!! Doin' the happy dance here in SE Tennessee!! My reels arrived and they are yummy!!!
          As soon as I finish quilting the TEN antique quilt tops my sister-in-law found in her mother's attic, :roll: the Wot RoTT reels are next on my list!
          So looking forward to seeing what results from this exchange!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
            WHOO-HOO!!! Doin' the happy dance here in SE Tennessee!! My reels arrived and they are yummy!!!
            As soon as I finish quilting the TEN antique quilt tops my sister-in-law found in her mother's attic, :roll: the Wot RoTT reels are next on my list!
            So looking forward to seeing what results from this exchange!
            TEN! that will keep you out of mischief for a couple of weeks or so :lol: I presume there is no rush for all of them, because you might just get mugged by your reels calling to you part-way through :wink: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Pictures, Margo?

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
                Pictures, Margo?
                Oh yeah! I heartily agree!
                I recently purchased several antique blocks & am wondering about putting them together.
                Will post some photos soon.

Btw, If you send a file of a recipe to me for the book please send as a .pdf. Thanks.
                (p.s. to Maureen, don't worry, I'll copy yours from the forum)

hugs,

Comment

My reels have arrived!! They are now spread out over my entire dining room table. It's so much fun looking through them and seeing the names and where they're from. Nice to put names and faces and reels together in my mind. A deeper sisterhood! I love them all - And thanks to everyone who is a part of this, even if you didn't get in on time but have just been cheering from the sides!
                  Now I can't wait to do them up! - I think I'll do one reel quilt and one birdhouse quilt! (that's after the 13 projects that are already on my list)

When they arrived, and my HD saw the package and me opening it, he said, "Oh, you're doing another triangle thing?"

Comment

Oh! I'm sooooo jealous ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Comment

I just checked on my reels, and they were in San Francisco yesterday, so I hope they took good pictures of their trip to share when they get home, which will hopefully be this week. I can hardly stand it.

Comment

Wow Margo, ten quilts! That's a tall order isn't it. I would love to see them and what you do with them, please?

I am so glad that some of you have got your reels now. I am sure the others will be arriving very soon. They really are lovely aren't they? There is something immensely satisfying about this exchange. These reels are a tangible piece of all of us. I love the thought and care that everybody put into their reels. I just wish I could decide what to do with them. :roll: In the meantime, I just made another mini quilt but forgot to check the measurement and discovered that it was 1/2" too wide. So I will have to unpick the binding and cut it a little thinner. Here's how it looks at the moment. The reel was made by limbania. I will redo it after I go to IQFOI - so exciting, I am off tomorrow with a few friends and hoping to make some new ones while there.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                          Wow Margo, ten quilts! That's a tall order isn't it. I would love to see them and what you do with them, please?

I am so glad that some of you have got your reels now. I am sure the others will be arriving very soon. They really are lovely aren't they? There is something immensely satisfying about this exchange. These reels are a tangible piece of all of us. I love the thought and care that everybody put into their reels. I just wish I could decide what to do with them. :roll: In the meantime, I just made another mini quilt but forgot to check the measurement and discovered that it was 1/2" too wide. So I will have to unpick the binding and cut it a little thinner. Here's how it looks at the moment. The reel was made by limbania. I will redo it after I go to IQFOI - so exciting, I am off tomorrow with a few friends and hoping to make some new ones while there.
                          Rita, love your little quilt. How many are you intending to do? :roll: I hope you enjoy the IQFOI, photos please.

Margo, I agree with Rita, please show us pictures of the ten quilts

Comment

Rita, I love the limbania reel with not just mini-reels but you did decorative stitching on the background fabric, didn't you? Have a ton of fun at the IQFOI, yes, PLEASE! lots of pictures, if you can! There's a bunch of us who wish we could be there but very happy for you! Hugs to Lotti too!

Comment

Hurray! My mailman has no idea how happy he made me today! Thank you, everyone, your color choices and expert sewing. I've been looking back over Edyta's book and running around the house looking at fabrics for the background and the spool tops. I've decided to use the same fabric for the spool tops, Benartex, Lindsay, a pretty brown and tan speckled fabric and using Nancy Halvorson's Sant's Coming, gold dotted, mottled background, for the background. I'll machine quilt the applique border. Even tho I had no business spending time on this today, I've already cut out all that I need to get started making the spool tops, and backgrounds!
                              You should see the way your 'quilted threads' look against golden background! I'll try to get a photo out to you once I get started. Won't be for awhile because this weekend I'm gathering with 5 friends from grade school to celebrate our 65th birthdays! Barb, from the beautiful hills of Galena, Illinois

Comment

Hooray ! and Happy birthday !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 200 users online. 0 members and 200 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X