[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeahhhh. Happy dance for you, Maureen. I've had an mail from rosemary and expect mine to be waiting for me when I get home... But I can wait, oh so happily, as it means I'm here in Ireland enjoying the sun - yes you read correctly - it's been sunny and warm - and tomorrow we get to meet up with Rita. Yeahhhhhh. Happy dance for me as well!

Comment

Four weeks ago I got a phone call from my brother....the lymphoma that he had been battling for the past two years was raging through his body...he had been given a month to live. He asked that I come to sit on the porch and quilt. I pieced this quilt from Friendship Strips and Scraps by Edyta Sitar with the scraps left over from my reels and packed my bags. I made the trip from Cape Cod to Atlanta to do exactly as he asked...to sit with him and quilt one last time. He passed away on May 16th and I traveled back to Atlanta on May 23rd for the celebration of his life. I decided to post this because I know you, my fellow quilters will understand. Hand quilting gave me a sense of serenity and calm amongst sadness, loss and grief. I thought of giving the completed project to his widow but my quilting group has encouraged me to keep it as a memorial to our time together.

Comment

Sorry..forgot to sign my last post

Noreen Cape Cod MA

Comment

Norene so sorry for your loss.prayers for your family

Comment

Noreen, thank you for sharing the touching story of your last days with your brother. What a dear request he made, and how beautifully you fulfilled it. What a wonderful relationship the two of you must have had. May the Lord continue to bring you and all your family the comfort that you need. Love and prayers, Barb in Illinois

Comment

Noreen, thank you for sharing your experience about your brother's request and the time you spent together--I can imagine it offering a deeply serene moment to anyone who reads it, no matter whether they are living through tumult in their lives or happy in their surroundings. My deepest condolences to you and all those who loved your brother. I have to say that the quilt you pieced and quilted while with him is beautiful and evokes the same peace and serenity that you felt while making it.

Comment

Noreen, Your quilt is beautiful just like the life you shared with your brother! What a honour to be asked to quilt while sitting with your brother.
                I'll keep you and the family in my prayers.....Doreen

Comment

Noreen,
                  You gave your brother the nicest gift, time with you. And your brother gave you a beautiful remembrance of him, the quilt you worked on during his final days. What a wonderful gift you gave to each other!
                  Blessings and comfort to your families. Thank you for sharing your quilt and story with us.

Comment

What a lovely way to make such a difficult time serene and bearable. I think that was a remarkably sensitive, caring suggestion on the part of your brother. He must have been a very special person. What a treasure it is for you to have. Thanks for sharing the story with us. Lois

Comment

Noreen,
                      So sorry for your loss, but what a touching request by your brother and the love a sister to fulfill his request. The quilt is beautiful and such a wonderful rememberance of time spent with your brother.
                      Prayers to you and your family, Lori

Comment

Noreen,

The others have said what I feel so eloquently, and you have created a beautiful quilt and memories for, and with, your brother.

Comment

Feeling a bit lonely, now all the parcels are in the post........

But I found a new fq to take their place :wink:

Comment

How lovely to open the forum this morning and see all of your messages. Thank you all. Now I await the arrival of my reels to start on the next chapter....as my brother would insist. Life goes on...and we are richer for those who have shared our journey.

Thanks again
                            Noreen

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                              Feeling a bit lonely, now all the parcels are in the post........

But I found a new fq to take their place :wink:
                              Posey, I am feeling sorry for your loss too! Lois

Comment

Noreen, I am so sorry for your loss. What a mutually beneficial gift your brother's request has brought. I am sure that having you there near him quietly stitching away brought your brother great peace, and now you have a quilt which will always remind you of that precious time you spent together.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 214 users online. 0 members and 214 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X