[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renata,
    I've been looking at light colored batiks, also. I decided to wait on background fabric until my reels come home. I went through 3 fabrics before selecting the tree of life background. I would like to get it right the first time on the reels....at least in my dreams... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Although I originally planned on using a light coloured fabric, I have recently been wondering about using a very dark bckground - the bottom of a sewing box? The colours of the reels are wonderfully all over the place, with some groups having a larger selection of some colours than others. However I won't be playing with mine until I have safely seen everyone else's safely on their way home.

Still biting my nails!

Comment

Go play with them. We won't tell anyone!!!....Doreen

Comment

I'll take any comments just to get me outside the light batik box, even if I end up returning to that... I'll keep playing with fabrics but I do admit I get pretty lost in a fabric shop... :lol: :lol: :lol: very distracting :? I briefly thought about a very dark color too with reel tops and bottoms in a light wood-looking color... but amazing, I quickly forgot about that until you mentioned it, Rosemary ops: .

I just don't want to go back to nail biting... :lol:

Comment

I have decided to wait until I have the reels in my hands before I choose my backing fabric and my spool tops/bottoms. I still can't quite decide on a design so I suppose I am in no hurry for the spools. :? I can't see straight anyway so even if I did have them it wouldn't do me any good. I told my son that my bionic eye had a tiny camera chip in it because I am a secret agent to which he responded "is that so that the government can keep an eye on all those TOP SECRET quilts you are making". :lol: I am so glad his expensive education is not going to waste!

Comment

Rosemary, if you remember I am involved with the Loch Lomond Quilt Show http://www.lochlomondquiltshow.com which starts on Wednesday. We were hanging one of the exhibitions yesterday in a beautiful church. It was 30 of the best from Region 14. Is that your Quilters Guild Region? I wondered as there is a beautiful quilt with all the different towns & cities around York, Leeds and North East, obviously a Region Banner/Quilt I just wondered if you had been involved with any of it?

Comment

Originally posted by scottishquilter
                Rosemary, if you remember I am involved with the Loch Lomond Quilt Show http://www.lochlomondquiltshow.com which starts on Wednesday. We were hanging one of the exhibitions yesterday in a beautiful church. It was 30 of the best from Region 14. Is that your Quilters Guild Region? I wondered as there is a beautiful quilt with all the different towns & cities around York, Leeds and North East, obviously a Region Banner/Quilt I just wondered if you had been involved with any of it?
                ops: Actually I have not actually got around to joining the Quilters Guild of Great Britain, and so am not in whatever is my local region. I am, however, a member of the Embroiderer's Guild and EYES-East Yorkshire Embroidery Society.

Do post some pictures from the exhibition, either here or start a new thread especially for them, for the rest of us to enjoy, and have a great time!

Comment

I'll second Rosemary...some photos would be wonderful...can't say that I've ever heard
                  much about quilting in Scotland..ever !

Comment

Hey you girls, I was just browsing blogs and ran across Simplify and she has a cute reels quilt and pattern to go with it. Wanted to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                      Hey you girls, I was just browsing blogs and ran across Simplify and she has a cute reels quilt and pattern to go with it. Wanted to let you know.
                      Here's a link: http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/...stitching.html

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                        Here's a link: http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/...stitching.html
                        I love the staggered layout and the fact that she has lost the points on the tops of the spools.

Comment

I love the staggered quilt! Beautiful reels.......Doreen

Comment

They look like the old fashioned wooden spools.
                            Thanks to you and Margo for the link.

Coast of South Carolina USA
                            Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

To save Rosemary going through all the blocks.... My purple collection was called Parma Violets.... I'm sorry that you have had so much hassle with this swap.... I'm not worried... I dont think I'll run out of projects this side of 2020....

Coast of South Carolina USA
                              Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Rosemary & Lorna,
                                Just wanted to check when our spool blocks will be shipping out. So excited!!! Thanks so much for all your hard work. Sandra

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 286 users online. 0 members and 286 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X